PDA

View Full Version : Left Behind - Sam Balzer Student Short

abignar
01-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Hey Guys! i made this as my first year final in 2009, any critiques or comments you could make would be greatly appreciated! thanks for watching :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWXYDXPfgPg

ofelias
01-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Great environment, everything belonged in that world. Is it supposed to stand alone? If there was more of a story then it would be even cooler.

Anubis3D
01-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Hey Sam, nice work on the video. I really liked the environment and the lighting. As for the animation itself, there are two things that caught my attention:

- When the robot moves de cog in the begining, it doesn't seem to have any weight. Got the same impression with the other below him in the same scene. Even if the robot is strong and heavy, the cogs are still huge, and the way that they are moving is not selling the idea of their weight.

- When the robot is walking, I think he goes a little off balance. For example, when he raises his right foot, he's also leaning to the right, what would make him either fall or stomp heavier. It's not clear to me that he is switching his weight from one foot to the other.

Anyway, congrats again for your animation, we all know it's not easy! ;)

abignar
01-05-2010, 05:00 AM
Cheers man! yea ill be the first to admit my animations not my strong point but thanks for the criticisms, i guess i was afraid of overdoing it and making it look tooney but your completely right now that i look at it again :blush: will definitely work more on my sense of weight and balance in future work! thanks again!

simyevil2010
01-05-2010, 08:52 AM
good started

nice work i like it but hes need more work
1- what is the idea ?
2- hes need more volum by the sonud
3- added more light

good luck 4 ever :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-05-2010, 08:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.