PDA

View Full Version : January's Challenge

Splinter
01-01-2010, 09:52 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/Johnc_Ism/Animation%20Session/JanuaryPost.jpg

Happy New Year’s everyone!!! This month we are celebrating the arrival of 2010.

I hope everyone is as excited as I am about getting back to the “drawing table,” that we are all so familiar with. The last couple of months have been pretty busy with three major event taking place (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years). As we all know, it is now 2010 and the time to get a fresh start on things. The new animation mini-Challenge could be a nice way of getting people back in a groove.

This year we are going to be doing things a little bit different. I would like to make things a little more personal to each animator who devotes their time to stand up to the challenge. When posting your WIP animations lets start creating our own personal “Work In Progress” threads. That way anyone can subscribe to a thread and keep up with their favorite animator. If you update then it won’t be lost in a sea of posts. Also, if someone sees your WIP and has some helpful advice than you will be notified of any posts made to your thread as well. (Title your Thread/ Anim_Challenge:New Years_YourName)

We are going to be doing a New Years theme this month. Feel free to let your creative side fly on this one. I want to see some characters plotting a New Year’s Resolution, the Ball dropping in New York while characters cheer, or you could even have the ball fall from the building and chase some people down the street. Whatever your mind’s eye sees, in order to represent the New Year celebration, then so shall it be.

The Rules Are:

Make all the WIPS in Playblast form, then if you choose you can create your final piece in a more robust renderer (NOT necessary, you can still post the final with a playblast).
No Time Limit. You could make your animation as long as you want, just be aware of the dead-line.
All participants must show there work-in-progress before posting the final.
As always, HAVE FUN!!! :buttrock:

Vidotto
01-06-2010, 04:54 PM
hi guys

a couple months that i dont participate but i want to rejoin this month, im in vacances and with some time

what happened with the older posts? i want to see the other months challenges

thanks

Splinter
01-06-2010, 04:57 PM
hi guys

a couple months that i dont participate but i want to rejoin this month, im in vacances and with some time

what happened with the older posts? i want to see the other months challenges

thanks

Hi Vidotto,

Good to see you again. In regards to your questions you could navigate to the root animation mini-challenge board (here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135)). Once there the default setting only shows so many threads at once just to keep things clean. If you scroll down to the bottom you will find a category of drop-down lists that will help you display more threads. Open up the, from the: drop down list and increase the range. That should help you find the older threads.

Once again, it's nice to have you back. Have fun!!!

ankheilw
01-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Sounds like this is going to be a lot of fun. A couple of questions:

do we post our WIP threads in the WIP animation section?

Do we then post a link thread in this thread to the WIP page?

Thanks for the challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone can do.

Neon67
01-06-2010, 11:16 PM
by new years as theme , could it be also the st silvestre party and count down too ? I'm not really sure

Vidotto
01-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi Vidotto,

Good to see you again. In regards to your questions you could navigate to the root animation mini-challenge board (here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135)). Once there the default setting only shows so many threads at once just to keep things clean. If you scroll down to the bottom you will find a category of drop-down lists that will help you display more threads. Open up the, from the: drop down list and increase the range. That should help you find the older threads.

Once again, it's nice to have you back. Have fun!!!

sorry, the advertisement got the role page that i didnt see that =]

i saw the other months entrys and i loved the way that this challenge is going, they are a lot better!!!
im in =]

ankheilw
01-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey guys,

I started a WIP thread in the Animations:WIP forum. I haven't seen any others out there. Is there another place that I should be putting them?

The link to the thread is:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=6286234#post6286234

Thanks for the challenge.

Splinter
01-09-2010, 02:56 AM
ankheilw - Sorry I should have clarified better, Actually post your WIP threads in the Animation Mini-Challenge main room. HERE (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135) That way it will be easier for anyone to find. Plus, the Animation WIP Thread that your talking about can have so many other things that don't actually pertain to the Mini-Challenge, so it can get confusing. If you post it at the link up above then we know it is part of the Challenge and if you use the format listed in the first post here for your title then we will know in the future which threads coincide with the current challenge. Also we can see when it was last updated from there as well. Sorry for the late response. I know you already posted it in the other thread. I'm really sorry, for the sake of organization, I hope you don't mind moving the thread.

Neon67 - St Silvestre is great. If you wish to take that route, I'm not real familiar with the event myself. But from what I do know it's a celebration dinner that brings in the New Year. So I think that it will fit in with the theme perfectly.

Vidotto - I'm really glad that your taking more interest in the challenge. I hope to see more of your work in the future. Good Luck!!!

Sorry guys I am about to make a move to another state here in a couple of days. So I wont be able to participate in this one myself, but there's always next month right.

Don't worry, if you have any more questions or comments please keep posting them here. I'll keep a good eye on everything and make sure everything is up to date.

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2010, 02:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.