PDA

View Full Version : Rig and animation problem...

lostfilez
08-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Okay, I have a rig which I'm using the spline IK for my spine. I created a helper which is wired to the end twist angle of the spine, so that when I rotate my helper it rotates the top half of the character along the spine. It works just fine when testing it out. But when I go to "set key" I can set a keyframe at zero then another one anywhere else, but after those two keys, the helper seems to stop working. I can delete these keys and it works again. And it works just fine w/ auto key, no matter how many keys I set. I was wondering if I did something wrong in the wiring parameters, or what???? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

lostfilez
08-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Well, I just now did a quick setup of a spine, just like it is on my character... and the same thing happens. After setting two keyframes w/ set key the helper seems to stop working, but I rotated the helper anyway and set a key and it does twist the spine. So it is working, but for some reason after the first two keys you cannot actually see the result of twisting the spine until you set a new key??????

Oh, btw I guess I should mention I'm using max 5.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.