PDA

View Full Version : 2D: Armitage vs Kazuma

Rtv
08-24-2003, 06:42 PM
It's been a looong while, but i'm kinda back.

This image was done for an aniume character tournament at APX. 1st round, i chose the girl on the right.

Those that remember me will see this as a huge improvement.
For those that don't, let's restart.

http://www.sandking.com/images/gallery/108_ArmitagevsKazuma.jpg

Thanx for viewing.:wavey:

tasty cloud
08-25-2003, 04:23 PM
excelent job on the robo thingy! :thumbsup: looks really cool and i like its sense of mass.

the girl however looks a bit stiff. her sholders seems too big to me and it doesn't look like she's really standing on the ground.

any coloring planed?

Rtv
08-26-2003, 12:03 AM
Definately.
I really wish you didn't notice the way she (does not) stand on the ground lol...i had a sh!t time trying to get that right. One day it will work.
The big shoulders are part of my style, might've overdone it for a leather jacket.
The whole perspective is fukked, but i'm glad it's a step further.
Thanx for replying.:)

mehdianim
08-26-2003, 08:18 AM
Hey, looks pretty cool. I guess if it's a huge improvement you must be happy because you are closer to good than bad. However I'll agree right now the biggest problem is the ladie's Left foot not laying flat on the ground.
You should start by drawing the rectangle that contains the sole of her shoe. that way you can get the perspective right before you get into details. And It's better to exagerate perspective than to not bend it enough. How do you work? do you draw with a light table? I ask because it looks like you drew this straight up without building it roughly first. Am I mistaking?
Her legs look a little short and the dude getting messed up has a retarded looking hand.

Overall Good stuff. Where's the rest?

Rtv
08-26-2003, 02:29 PM
I always have problems with feet.
I never draw straight away though, i draw it so rough only i can read the set up, lol.
Cleaning this up was also a crap job. I draw with a 4H pencil....wich unfortunately makes it nearly impossible to erase something when it's tightened.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.