PDA

View Full Version : Particles in the zoo

MatthiasM
12-30-2009, 11:51 AM
some more Particle stuff i did with Krakatoa and Particle flow

Youtube HD: Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vzp2LTId-o&hd=1)

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8162/particleszoo.jpg

jigu
12-30-2009, 01:28 PM
dude awesome stuff! You are the master of Krakatoa!

How did you do color transitions? Did you use box#3 or Krakatoa Magma flow? Also nice reflections you achived. Was it rendered before with other renderer and then camera mapped? Or pure Krakatoa particles render with reflections?

It's very artistic too.

MatthiasM
12-30-2009, 06:04 PM
ye magma flow, i really miss box#3. Its not camera mapped, just Krakatoa reflections, maybe i should do more fancy camera tracks to show this :)

PsychoSilence
12-31-2009, 05:33 PM
WOW! Your KCM/Magma Flow skills are getting far beyond anyone but Bobo!
Any insight in the magma flows?

MatthiasM
01-01-2010, 04:09 PM
In fact the KMCs are fairly simple, i just used them to handle the informations i created in pflow or by procedural maps

the two "animals" changing their colors are blown up once by fumefx sim second one by a force => find target to settle again.

To change the color or do all kinds of other stuff you can use particle flow channels like the Scale channel which is easily animatable and then for example use a blend operator in the KMCs to blend based on the changing scale.

the tiger fur once is just blown away by a force, and the other time displaced based on a procedural map (bercons procedural maps are really awesome !)

the fish scales rampup is made by a vortex then cached and offseted, i saved the texture coordinates also, so i could easily apply a diffuse and normal map which i then animated to turn red based on a object distance falloff map, so i had a very dynamic setup :)

simyevil2010
01-02-2010, 07:38 AM
really very good color , textures & move camara very nice but the modeling hes need more work ok

good luck 4 ever :beer:

Silverwing
01-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Interesting stuff!
You really got skills with krakatoa! Keep it up!

Cheers Silverwing

Teriander
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
really very good color , textures & move camara very nice but the modeling hes need more work ok

good luck 4 ever :beer:

Simyevil, Modeling needs work? I think you've entirely missed the purpose of this animation.

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.