fleety
12-28-2009, 12:08 PM
looks cool, nice work.

murdock64
12-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Really cool rig :applause:

shalabology
12-30-2009, 03:39 PM
fleety thank u i think u worked with brillant luis san jane so nice u loved my work

fleety
01-01-2010, 04:06 PM
fleety thank u i think u worked with brillant luis san jane so nice u loved my work

I work with Luis all the time, great guy. Do you know Luis?

shalabology
01-02-2010, 09:50 AM
yes i do know him with his marvellious 2 reels , although i didnt compile my whole new work in one full demo reel but i wish i he would have a look on my work !

luigi
01-03-2010, 01:45 PM
nice one :).

i am not that brilliant just a hard worker.the best thing is work in team, working with dave is always good we push each to make better work.

Your reel is quite nice , well done sticky controls , floating system , symetrical paste and cui for face animation.how you have setup yor sticky controls???

My main coment will be to hide the body and put the control CUI at the same height of the face, because the body is taking lots of space of screen and what you an to demo is the face.you only need two show the face at the end of the demo.

more similar to the end when you focus more on the face.

with the poses you show i will recomend you to ask a friend animator to play with it, the always do nice poses than me :(.

but kudos for the reel , glad to see that is lately nicer reels in max .

shalabology
01-03-2010, 02:24 PM
so modesty here , u may be hard worker but really smart you , pen and eek and of course many others here are my role models in rigging and td in general , and let me tell you that you really made me happy , and you are totally right i have to have it animated and already a friend of mine is doing so now
for the reel you are right for the height issue and so but i wanted to show up that i converted character studio biped into squashy stretchy one
for the on face controllers : i made it using stretchy bones and using layered multiple wiring , i have nade another version of the system for the characters that have non sphereical cartooony eyes where i made the set up for eyes based on path constraints plus wiring and scripted controllers
i noticed that ur on face set up is using something similar to that and let exploite the chance and ask u a question regarding ur awesome reel that i keep with me whereever i go :how did u do the exchangable mouth on the two character is that using intersectray? or wat and also the idea of scalable rig wats the main cconcept behind that ?
two qs not one i tried hard not to headcahe ur head and that wat i got
i am realluy honored by ur passing by

luigi
01-06-2010, 10:46 AM
how did u do the exchangable mouth on the two character is that using intersectray? or wat and also the idea of scalable rig wats the main cconcept behind that

well the hole concept is using point and splines, the you can move the points and because the spline will be skinned to the point you can resize the spline to match any face.

the splines sometimes move otn top of other splines using point , you can see that on my resize demo.

spline are quite powerful and i use final points only for skinning on top of this splines to do g, On the mouth and eyes and brown areas i put a point for each loop of vertex , and because this are running on top of splines the never will intersect each other.

how did u do the exchangable mouth on the two character is that using intersectray?

this i create a system of rail on top of each body and skin it to match the body deformations.

the final concept for each rail system is what i call weight 0.

imagine you got a object that moves the percent of a point moving in a spline , but because the point moves too yo will got a double transform.
what i normally do is put a float list in that object that si driving the wiring and put his weight to 0 , so it doesnt move on space but still drives the wiring. i use this alot and this avoid flying object all the time.

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2010, 10:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.