PDA

View Full Version : Kineticdan - Animator Showreel

kineticdan
12-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Hey guys!

Just updated my reel and thought I might throw it up on the forums for any curious eyes to have a gander:

http://www.kineticdan.com/Danimation/PiratePortrait.jpg (http://www.kineticdan.com/Danimation/DanielHarris_Showreel2009.mov)

Everything there is either from an Animation mentor assignment or from the Film I worked on in Belgium. Hope you like it!
-Dan

http://www.kineticdan.com

CGOutcast
12-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Awesome reel, really liked the pirate one. The only thing I found to critique was your hand movements can use a little more follow thru because there are some parts where I can spot the keys easy. Still a great reel... keep it up man.

MugenTsukiyomi
12-28-2009, 10:51 PM
people don't like to download showreels so I if you want alot of suggestion that you should upload it to youtube or vimeo or something.

kineticdan
01-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Hey MugenTsukiyomi and CGOutcast! Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully I'll get a chance to go over and refine those wrists, thanks for your eagle eyes Outcast ;-). Good point Mugen, will look into getting it up on Vimeo soon :-).

-Dan

Abazaba
01-03-2010, 11:10 PM
nice work! i like your posing, and the motorcycle bit was great.

my crit is on the pirate shot. it feels like hes moving too much and the entire shot could be shortened. snap him into poses and hold em for half a beat longer. i really dig on how he gets around on the peg leg tho.

overall your animation feels a bit "swimmy", but thats just my (picky) opinion.

The Funimator
01-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Great animation and sense of humour in your animations.
I observed every details you did, from props physics animation (eg. bomb rolling in the container, leaves flying etc) to facial acting. Great effort.
Keep up the good work Dan. Would love to see more of your works in future.

jabadan
01-06-2010, 11:27 PM
You have a great reel. I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

Oliv-animation
01-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Awesome job man ;)
A quick Hi from Luxanimation ;)
Your work is always great Dan !
Cheers

Ibeechu
01-09-2010, 03:35 AM
I can say without any hesitation that this reel contains some of the finest animation I've ever seen outside of Pixar. You have amazing comedic timing.

kineticdan
01-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Cheers for commenting guys!

Abazaba: Yeah, I think you're right with the Pirate one, would be better with some quieter moments to give the pirate piece more of a chance to breath. AHHH, over-animating, my Nemisis!!! ;-)

The Funimator and jabadan: Cheers guys, really glad you like it!

Oli: Heyhey dude! Hope things are going well at Lux! I assume with the amount of cold weather Europe's getting, that Luxanim is buried under a mountain of snow now!?! How is it? Hope you had a good Christmas and New Years and hopefully see you back at AM next term!

Ibeechu: Woah, quite a compliment :-). Can't say I agree but it's very encouraging to hear :-D.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to view!
-Dan

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2010, 05:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.