PDA

View Full Version : Short Film: KAIJO

Ibeechu
12-28-2009, 02:38 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/t9dvy8.jpg

This is a short film I have been working on for several months but, unfortunately, college had forced me to halt production because of the lack of time I had to work on it. I really don't want to just blow through this; I think this short has a really good potential and I want it realized properly.

In summary, the short is about 3 minutes long, roughly (I'll know better once I get an animatic together). It involves 2 characters: a mouse and a robot arm. Without getting into the details too much, it's something that came from an animation class a few months ago while we were working with IK chains and, a week later, mousetraps, and one of my friends mentioned that I should make a little clip of the arm getting caught in the trap. I liked the idea and rather than just do a ten-second clip or whatever, I really thought it could work inside of a few-minute movie.

I'll be doing most of the animation but there are some areas I'd love some collaboration with. I had the whole set built but I decided a few days ago that it sucked. So now I'm redesigning the set to better match the tone of the short. Here's an animation test from last August: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcq3cLVpVjQ
As you can see, the set is terrible (literally almost an exact replica of my kitchen) and so I've been redesigning it and doing some sketches. I have a pretty decent idea of what I want but I can't seem to accomplish it as well as I'd like to with my modeling skills. So here's where I'd love help.

Specifically, what I'm looking for are:
-Concept artist for the robot arm
-Character modelers (to touch up or completely rebuild my mouse design)
-Character riggers (to rig the mouse, hopefully with facial expressions, too. Also, to help rig the new robot arm if I decide to redesign it)

I'll add or remove stuff as positions open or close. I could do all of these on my own but I know that if I did, the movie wouldn't be as good as it can be. If you are interested at all and want details or anything, please reply to the thread or message me. I'd really love the help :D

KingSRS
01-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Ey im currently looking for some small work to do and your projects looks cool to work on. Im a student and i could help you with the hard-survace modeling. I'm trying to fill my 3D portofolio and since its my last year on college i havent had the time to do it. If you still looking for some one just email me at Faridsalah@live.nl, and if you like to see my work go to www.faridsalah.nl some of it is very old work but i think you can see what i can do.

PEace

Ibeechu
01-03-2010, 06:13 AM
I liked your room designs and I think you'd do well contributing to this project. I sent you an email with a couple screenshots and a little bit of what I'm looking for in the look of the set.

Ibeechu
01-12-2010, 04:16 AM
All right, now I'm looking for someone who can either touch up my mouse model (and make it better) or who can build an even better one from scratch. Bonus points if you can also give it a really good rig :D

http://i45.tinypic.com/23h7p7l.jpg

(Ears and eyes were temporary) Here's what I've had for quite a while but my organic modeling skills are not good at all, and neither are my rigging skills. Here's the reference photo I was basing the design off of the most:

http://i50.tinypic.com/1qqw7q.jpg

What I was going for is a really cute and appealing little mouse, but I don't think my model is appealing enough. And, to restate it, after someone fixes/rebuilds it, I would LOVE if someone who knew what they were doing would rig it as well. If I were to do it myself, it would be awful. Don't hesitate to reply if you're at all interested :D

dilen
07-04-2010, 07:26 PM
hey I am a student in computer animation would love to work on this and help you out.

If you give me a chance I could help you out in this and work on this project too.

Dilen.

CGTalk Moderation
07-04-2010, 07:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.