PDA

View Full Version : Deleting face help.

Avix
12-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Hello, I am having a problem deleting a face around the neck area of my model. The photo I linked shows which face I want to delete but when I delete I have an edge left over. If anyone can help that would be great!

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad40/sypher2123/mayaproblem.jpg

-Avix

Sammy
12-28-2009, 02:18 PM
I think you've got an abnormal face issue ... here's a method that could help you kill it.

MAIN:WINDOW > SETTINGS/PREFS > Preferences ... Settings ... Selection POLYGON SELECTION ... Select faces with CENTER.

This will assign a selection helper to all your faces when in polygon face component mode.
It will help you to identify and select any abnormal faces. I suspect that the 'edge' that is left behind is actually a face whose vertices are all stacked on top of one another.

The trouble with using WHOLE FACE mode (the maya default) is that it's reliant on the direction of the normal on the face in relation to the camera ... sometimes making it next to impossible to select abnormally created faces.

If that STILL isn't working for you, single click each vertice in the area of the problem and pull the structure apart, you can find overlapping geometry this way as well.

hope it helps! :-)

Avix
12-29-2009, 03:08 AM
Yes, that worked. Thanks a bunch!

CGTalk Moderation
12-29-2009, 03:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.