PDA

View Full Version : CHaracters: 2 colored chicks

syklonis
08-24-2003, 09:35 AM
Hi All..Instead of lurking I might as well start posting and getting feedback too. Couldn't decide what color scheme I like better, so I'll let you people decide. C&C appreciated and more will soon follow once I get my website finished this week.

-Syklonis

http://www.syklonis.com/my_art/skin.jpg

Razorwolf
08-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Great work, I would go for the 'normal' color :). The left breast looks odd though, you might want to look at it.

krembo99
08-24-2003, 10:32 AM
the references to the NAZI culture is a bit off theme i think...

TheGreenGiant
08-24-2003, 10:50 AM
I found your phrase "colored" offensive for some reason. I think its got to do with the way you phrased it.

:shame:

FLOw
08-24-2003, 11:00 AM
haha, cgtalk has turned into a racial forum these last few days..some dude did a african dude with a ring in his nose and got flamed like a nr.1 at burger king with no onions...and now this...come on, he can name his pictures whatever he wants...especialy if it rox like this! :thumbsup: :D

CGmonkey
08-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by krembo99
the references to the NAZI culture is a bit off theme i think...

Oh my god, please CGTalk.. I must agree with FLOw.

Nice illustration though!

BoydLake
08-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Nice image! I like the natural skin tones as they work better with the yellow and red accents in the rest of the costume. The blue looks, good, but you'd need other color accents for it to work as well. Try a few more combinations, you might be surprised.

BoydLake
08-24-2003, 11:53 AM
You can't throw a rock without hitting a game with Nazis in it. They make great enemies. It's not a new character theme. She looks like a bad girl... so it fits.

DFGFX
08-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Very nice!! :eek:

To all the people complaining.. This forums is called "CG TALK" to talk about cg and not "Hear me whine"..

starqueen
08-24-2003, 05:05 PM
I love the left color scheme better. :) I love the design, it's awesome, I've never seen the clothing combination before... It's so original. :D

tredeger
08-24-2003, 06:02 PM
Great line weights, especially the hair. I have to say the natural color works better with the current color scheme overall. BUT the way you chose to render the blue is terrific--the texturizing of the skin with...hmm, they aren't really freckles, let's call them...hmm... her shimmer. To me, it almost justifies redoing the rest around the skin and body itself. I am surprised how well blonde and blue *skinned* works together.

The elements are a bit incongruous -- the sword seems japanese rather than 40's german. The banded brasiere seems more 5th element Goutier than Nazi as well, and while this could work as a stylized decision, it does clash with the mink cuffs--is it summer or winter? Was she stationed in the south pacific (and got the sword there?) Then began a march on Stalingrad? Ah, it all begins to make sense.

Is it period? If so, which period--cause it looks like she has that coat tied around her waist all Aberecrombie and Fitch tail gating a college football game style. I'll bet the frat boys just luuuv her.

I do like the potential of the piece but I think all in all it could have a more unified style. Unless the bit about the South Pacific to Stalingrad is true AND she's a contemporary student at Oxford who time travels and goes undercover to rescue important artifacts from scheming Nazis. Ah,... I see. Oh, and don't worry two much about the PCness around here. If people can't recognize the difference between intent and informality, that's their problem.

krembo99
08-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Very nice!! To all the people complaining..
This forums is called "CG TALK" to talk about cg and not "Hear me whine"..

well.. no one was "whining" as you so wisely said... i said it was off theme .. which ment that the theme of this drawing could have made very well without the NAZI references....
and BTW .. check out his site to understand this is not an isolated case in his drawings , which are, very nice for themselves..

Bluemilk
08-25-2003, 12:09 AM
Crikey whats this world coming to, you cant even draw nazi's. They were historical figures, they happened, dont be afraid of history. Also many japanese people dress up in Nazi/militent stuff as a part of coz play just because they think the uniforms are cool.
Any way real nice image, ive seen some cool manga/anime stuff in this style, kinda reminds me of this cool guy, perhaps his girlfriend maybe.
http://street-fighter.hypermart.net/moves/images/SFA3_MBison.jpg

syklonis
08-25-2003, 12:15 AM
Thanks to all who replied. I love getting the feedback and over all it looks like the normal colored skin version is what I'll use. Didn't mean to get anyone mad over my post topic or the nazi tone.
-Syklonis

phoenix
09-10-2003, 08:08 PM
good work

fizzgig
09-12-2003, 07:57 PM
sweet! great work. personally, i like the "normal" coloredness

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.