PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Tweak

LocoMan
08-24-2003, 07:46 AM
Ok, here's an animation I've been working on the last few weeks..

The general idea is what would happen if your models were alive as you're tweaking them...

Anyway, here's the URL:

http://locoman.kapowwie.com/private/tweak/

Two versions there, a divx (2 megs) and an mpeg (3 megs)...

Animation done with Animation:Master and some afterFX. The mouse cursor still needs lots work, as it is now is mainly only hitting the spots, and there are some very obvious rigging/deformation troublems that I'm working on fixing now, but the animation (I think) is mostly done... :)

Stimpy
08-24-2003, 08:03 PM
cute idea, like it a lot, and the general movement of the guy is rather good as well imho.

only thing bothering me is the rigging of his neck (and breast area in a couple of positions). he just somehow distorts too much there.. or the wrong way.

other than that: really nice movie.

would like to see (hear) it with sound added.

pencil-head
08-24-2003, 10:24 PM
theres some preety nice acting in there. i love when he startes swinging at it with both hands :p

like you said, the mouse cursor needs some work. The movement needs to be smooth out a bit more. maybe you could keep it facing in one direction like a real cursor.

how about getting one of those hand cursors to start bitch slapping him

Ebola0001
08-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Dude thatís freaking hilarious, I think the hammer needs the black outline like the cursor though... "His" motion is superb I especially like the limp posing.

Umm maybe have the cursor "grab" the hammer off the toolbar.

I don't know really cool concept and very well done :)

LocoMan
08-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Ok, here's an updated version. Still in the same URL (here (http://locoman.kapowwie.com/private/tweak/)) but the filenames now have a "02" in the end. The first versions are still there, though, in case anyone wants to compare the new to the old versions.. :)

I've tweaked the movement where he loses balance, and also a little bit the rigging so it deforms better, and some extra moves to the mouse cursor (you'll see) but still haven't smoothed it out... maybe I should get to it tonight when I get back from work.

I'll most likely have time to work on this some more on friday and saturday... the plumber is coming to fix some very bad leaking on the bathroom.. which is good because I get some extra animating time, but bad because it'll most likely cost me an arm and a leg :cry:

jab
08-27-2003, 11:35 PM
very cool:buttrock: made me laugh, I did notice also you have some weighting problems under the butt during the extremest of poses, doesnt deform quite right, but animation and character wise top notch, and very enjoyable.

Manboy
08-28-2003, 11:17 AM
Props for the shortcut wizards in the left toolbar. :)

And the concept in general for that matter. His head seems a little too oblong, though.

Flog
08-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Wow great!!! the concept is cool, need some voiceovers and such, this would be even greater!!!!!

thebadgerette
08-28-2003, 10:27 PM
That is charming. I like his expressions and the silly slapping motion.

LocoMan
08-31-2003, 04:35 PM
Thanks for all the comments... :D. Just in case anyone else wants to see it, my website is down at the moment (bandwith problems, it seems, the friend that hosts my site is looking into it). I've uploaded a mirror of my website (including this animation) here: http://mipagina.cantv.net/locoman . As usual, C&C welcomed, and I'll keep adding the latest version as I go tweaking it (last thing I've done is some tweaking to the movement of the mouse cursor)...

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.