PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with $100,000,000.00?

JDex
08-24-2003, 06:30 AM
With the Powerball and other lotteries getting so amazingly high so often, I've often wondered what my fellow CGTalkers would do if they won that kind of money.

BTW... happy 7000th General Discussion Thread... 7000 mostly pointless threads, lets see if this one can be too!!!:D

JDex
08-24-2003, 06:36 AM
I for one would spend the next few years in school, believe it or not. There are a handful of schools that I go to sleep at night thinking "Damn, what you could learn". I would then spend the next year or two making a short that I have been pondering for a few years now. Then I think I would party for a year or two.

I also think I would donate some serious cash to some medical research groups (arthritis, juvenile diabetis, alzheimers) and to a select few social organizations who know how to manage themselves responsibly and actually do some good (Human Rights Watch, Boy & Girls Clubs of America).

In the end I think it wouldn't change me completely, I think it would just propel me faster to accomplishing my dreams.

???
08-24-2003, 06:36 AM
Open my own animation and video game studio/business... what else ? :shrug: Ill be da boss.
Me...me..me all mine... muhahaha :twisted:

ntmonkey
08-24-2003, 06:42 AM
I'd fly all of us together and have a big CGTalk party. Then start a studio.

peace,

Lu

TheGreenGiant
08-24-2003, 07:00 AM
crazy.

I'd do nothing. Be a bum. Get plastic surgery. Marry J Lo... Is that 100 Million? Umm, I'll marry J lo and Ben.

Valkyrien
08-24-2003, 07:02 AM
50mil to charity. United Way most likely, since donations don't go towards advertising. Ya gotta give back:)

50mil for me. Buy a nice house, build the best damn home theater system, and upgrade to dual Xeon 3.0Ghz's. Buy pretty much everything I've always wanted, and save the rest for retiremtent:)

JDex
08-24-2003, 07:20 AM
Wow... half to charity... that is damn generous. I was thinking 1/4.

Well the material posessions are certainly on my agenda as well.

Big house (5-7.5k sg ft) on woods surrounded acreage
------------------------------
16 seat theater
audio recording studio and control room
mocap/blue screen room (high ceiling)
4 br 3.5 bath
5 car garage w/ work bay
stylin kitchen
grand dining room
billiards/bar room
in-ground heated pool w/ phat deck
solar panel/residential fuel cell electrical setup
------------------------------

Chevy K3500 4x4 with matching portable a/v studio trailer (for remote work)
1964 Pontiac GTO
Newest Corvette each year
Conservative Suburu Legacy

Couple of various new computers

32-100 processor Xeon Render Farm

I think I'll call it Dexwalker Ranch:thumbsup:

Hey NTmonkey, we can have that party at my new ranch.

jizzypop
08-24-2003, 07:36 AM
i would buy a really cool car, a really cool house and just chill at the beach all day.

rattlesnake
08-24-2003, 07:41 AM
visit Cancun and spend money there!:applause:

SheepFactory
08-24-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by JDex
Newest Corvette each year

I second that

than i'll do exactly what jizzypop is doing.

and i'll throw a beach party and get radiohead to play live :)

manfriday
08-24-2003, 07:45 AM
I'd drive around town all day, sitting in traffic picking my nose.
And when people looked at me in disgust I would just holler at them "HEY! SCREW YOU! IM RICH!"

Hookflash
08-24-2003, 07:47 AM
I'd live off the interest. Yeah, it's unethical, but it would be nice to have no financial worries. I'd get myself a small apartment and just take it easy (with a new computer & a nice home theatre system, of coarse;)). In my abundant spare time, I would finish my grade 12 and perhaps go to uni/college. I'd also like to do the whole "see the world" routine. That's about it, I guess.:hmm:

eYadNesS
08-24-2003, 07:54 AM
Give the money to Squaresoft, to make for me a Personal Version of Final Fantasy :scream:

MCronin
08-24-2003, 08:03 AM
First I'd probably give a couple million a piece to each member of my immediate family. I'd force my dad to retire early, and help him design and build a prototype car and see if we can get sponsors and enter it into the American LeMans series. It'd probably cost several million to build the car and at least 10 million or so to run one season.

I wouldn't give any of it to any existing charities, I'd start a scholarship fund, seeded with 10 million dollars, for adults over the age of 28 who want to go back to school, and I'd be the first scholarship recipient :P

Other than that I'd probably spend alot of time reef diving, and probably dig up some dinosaurs in South America. I'd like to go on expeditions to the most remote spots in the world, help fund a civilian aerospace research project maybe... Maybe learn to fly a helicopter. I can honestly say the last thing I would spend the money on would be cars and a big house.

scotttygett
08-24-2003, 08:15 AM
Whoever asked this question is EVIL!!

I got a list of a dozen small spiritual-leaning "projects" at www.inspirejoy.50megs.com/mranim.htm
Some DVD college classes available for $20 just to show it could be done
R&D Documentary channel/non-profit
World Minimum Wage Bank, to keep track of oppressed folks
Debt-free enterprise edutainment for youngsters, with some innovative ideas
Some sort of meta-project info bank building on the Askme.com model; perhaps with actualization exercises, as well as productivity methods/engines
Spiritual research in transcending subjective illusion
Renaissance parties

Gotta go

JDex
08-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by scott tygett
Whoever asked this question is EVIL!!

and i never claimed to be anything else!!! :wise:

d4rk
08-24-2003, 08:53 AM
if you got $100 million in the USA, your good old pal Uncle Sam would take more than half of it for TAXES. I'm pretty sure that you would be left with less than $50 million (however unfair that is).

But, I would give every last cent away. I'd just pay for my tuition for the next 6 years (+ materials and lab fees).

I'd give the money to artists that want to go to school but can't afford it. I wouldn't even pay my own debt off. I'd send a post card to all the companies that I owe money to, saying that I had the money to pay them off, but to go #$@! themselves cause they ain't every gettin tha money :p!

It's only money after all!

ilasolomon
08-24-2003, 08:56 AM
I'll give them all to Bill Gates, who needs it badly.

Kabab
08-24-2003, 09:07 AM
Start a studio and buy a small island to live on :)

???
08-24-2003, 09:08 AM
Free a bad ass bastard out of the prison :p

yup.. he would be my slave

japanese mafia all the way..

(...)
08-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Two words. World domination!

t-man152
08-24-2003, 10:49 AM
with that type of money you could be so famous that you would not have to spend a dime in everyday life. man the way people think is crazy. example at a restaurant. hey thats the richest guy in the town. hello mr rich guy. since your so rich and have so much money the meal is on the house. being rich and famous means that you spend less money than a bumb. what a stupid way of life. im saying that because I have no money. if I had that type of money I say screw the bumb im getting free lunch.

well with all that I didnt answer.

I would invest and manage an animation studio

Equinoxx
08-24-2003, 12:23 PM
I think i'd be doing the same thing as i'd be doing now, work in 3d animation.

altho homebase would be a huge friggin house with some land around it, possible some nice cars and tell the boss to go **** himself whenever i don't feel like doing anything, it's not like i have to be affraid he'll fire me, cause if he does i wouldn't care :D

also, i'd upgrade my system to dual 21" flatscreens [do they excist yet ??]

but that's about it, give some to charroty, give some to familly, then live an easay life till i die :cool:

oh well, so much for dreams ey ;)

leigh
08-24-2003, 12:30 PM
I would give half of it to an animal charity (I generally don't give to human charities), and would use the rest to buy a Moroccan style villa in the middle of nowhere and would live for the rest of my life as an eccentric recluse.

I would still continue to do work from home though - I am the kind of the person that needs to occupy my time doing work. I would charge very little for it though, and would probably do a lot of free work too :)

Oh and I would also have a massive library in my house that I would fill with thousands and thousands of books and would definitely spend a lot of time reading :D

show
08-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Several nice houses, more cars than i can count using my toes and fingers... I would probably still go to university for a bit (in the US of course if I could budget for it hehe), but it would have to be part time to allow for beach time :)

Rei Ayanami
08-24-2003, 01:29 PM
buy some stupendiusly MASSIVE renderfarm, with cut price rates to all CGTalkers. make lots of money and then start throwing international parties for ya all.

also buy a large flat in Tokyo.

unLevel
08-24-2003, 01:32 PM
can we say castle, I think WE CAN!!

muwahaha

oh, and a couple tanks, helicopter, and a few cgtalkers, that's all I want for christmas, muwaha

oh, and I hear ya Leigh with a huge library!! got books piled everywhere!!

FBMachine
08-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Well first I'd handle my debts and see a good doctor and dentist. Then I'd set up an account to live modestly mostly off the interest, travel the world, go to schools ( whatever I may be interested in at the time ), donate to select research projects ( maybe start a few of my own :) ). I'd probably eventually settle in somewhere, someplace quiet and beautiful, you know a tropical paradise or something. I'd avoid the whole 'a car for every day of the week', 'mansion in California', 'never wear the same cloths twice' crap. Ah life would be so much simpler. Money doesn't buy happiness, but lack of money sure as hell can suck the happiness out of you.
Dan

typeA
08-24-2003, 02:52 PM
.coke and whores...:p

Alice
08-24-2003, 03:22 PM
"-Two women at the same time!"

Credits if you remember from what movie :D

SheepFactory
08-24-2003, 03:26 PM
office space of course ,

****in A! :D

Alice
08-24-2003, 03:34 PM
That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.

Well, not all chicks.

Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on me do!

Credits to the sheepmaker! :D

typeA
08-24-2003, 03:37 PM
ahahah,,

we sould start a qote game like over on polycount...

markbones
08-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Aww man! I can't believe this question was asked!

* Take care of family and friends;
* Build a house that has an indoor basketball court, recording studio, 'computer room', theatre room;
* Take lots of courses (drawing, CG, animation, etc.)
* Do lots of travelling;
* Donate to a few charities;

Here's the scenario for paying off my loans: get a bunch of $100 bills, walk in to my bank and say, "y'know those student loans I've paying off for the last x years? Here's $100, $200, $300..." and just count off the bills. Maybe they should be $1000 bills. (I know it couldn't really happen like that, but since it is *my* fantasy :) )

And if I won the Powerball, that's U.S. dollars that I am converting to Canadian dollars - I'd have even more! Muah ha ha ha!

>> "buy a Moroccan style villa in the middle of nowhere and would live for the rest of my life as an eccentric recluse."
So Leigh, right now you're just an eccentric urbanite? Just kidding :p

iBlue
08-24-2003, 04:43 PM
100 million.. hmm well i would set up a bank account where all interest from the savings account would be dumped in the checking, then i would deposit the 100mil into the savings and live the rest of my life off of interest. I wouldnt spend it all in a day. Then i would prolly freeze the savings account from having anyone take any of the money out of it besides for the preprogrammed interest transfer, id want it to be there for my kids and there kids, like a lasting legacy that none of them could just stupidly spend in one day and not leave anything for future generations. :)

Hysteria
08-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Newest Corvette each year? You obviously don't know much about vettes. Each year they get uglier and uglier because in 2000, they changed designers again, so now its going downhill like the viper gts. 71 vette and 91 viper all the way :D

I would probably buy a midsized class c motorhome and travel around california alone or with a girlfriend if she can go. I'd also buy a nice house with a big spa. I would save 10 mil for retirement probably.

manfriday
08-24-2003, 06:21 PM
ok, well in serisouness I would give half of it to the damn government whether I liked it or not.
With whatever remained I would set up trust fund of my kids to the could go to whatever college they wanted no matter what happened in the future.
I would give a big chunk of it an organization like Compassion International (which I already am involved in). I would give anothre big chunk of it to a Pro-Life organization (not operation resuce not down with those guys).
I would buy a nice house in upstate newyork with a great deal of land.
I would buy a very big lawnmower to take care of said land.
I would build a recording studio in the basement, better than the one I have now.
I would then spend the rest of my days doing pretty much what I do now. Mowing the lawn, writing music and modeling characters (ususaly rather poorly).
In fact.. It's time to mow the lawn right now.

In the immortal words of Eddie Izzard:
Ciao

sabrina
08-24-2003, 06:35 PM
I would live nicely for the rest of my days off of ten per cent of this amount, and then donate the rest to R&D in the field of Humanity, with the vision of bettering the planet through education and unilateral support of such.

Xilica
08-24-2003, 06:43 PM
i would save it all!!!

and live off of the interest :beer:

froggyplat
08-24-2003, 07:02 PM
build an army of super-ninjas. and they would all drive gold-plated cadillacs with diamond rocket launchers.

Signal2Noise
08-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Well, that equates to almost 141 million in Canadian. Quite a bit of chump change indeed.:drool:

First, I'd try to help the victims of forest fires raging in Interior British Columbia and Western Alberta.

Then I'd give some to immediate family so they would not have to work (or work very little) and enjoy the rest of their lifetime.

Then I'd purchase top end CG software and hardware, build a render farm on an island or lakeside/oceanside property somewhere and live there for the rest of my life with my family.

The rest I'd invest and travel lots.

Day-Dreamer
08-24-2003, 08:29 PM
more girls (500)

DoLeeP
08-24-2003, 08:44 PM
I Will give it for world peace and for the poor "that will be 1 million " the rest I Take it :drool:

Boone
08-24-2003, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't accept it. Sounds mad, I know - but money doesn't rule my life.

???
08-24-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Boone
I wouldn't accept it. Sounds mad, I know - but money doesn't rule my life.

lol...

Rei Ayanami
08-24-2003, 09:20 PM
Boone, you wonder why you are in the job you are in at the moment. and if you arnt, can i have it then? ^_^

Boone
08-24-2003, 09:23 PM
Re: Rei Ayanami.

Trust me, girl - when the grim reaper comes looking for you, money ain't gonna do you s***!:shame:

When you get older, you'll start to understand what really matters...:cool:

JDex
08-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Only a truespace user would have that "i don't need money" attitude. :p :D

elfufu
08-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by TheGreenGiant
crazy.

I'd do nothing. Be a bum. Get plastic surgery. Marry J Lo... Is that 100 Million? Umm, I'll marry J lo and Ben.

:applause: :applause:

elfufu
08-24-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Alice
That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.

Well, not all chicks.

Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on me do!

Credits to the sheepmaker! :D

it doesnt take a million dollars to do that.. trust me

JDex
08-24-2003, 10:04 PM
I think I would also build a "moonbase" with a giant "laser" and threaten to vaporize Washington, if I wasn't given $100,000,000,000,000.00... then I would build my 1/8th scale fully-functional Death Star (as mentioned in a previous thread).

gmask
08-24-2003, 10:13 PM
How about having the worlds largest cream pie built and then shove Bill Gates into it. :drool:

Naw.. .. I'd probably make a film and live the life that I've allways wanted to lead..give to charity.. help my parents to retire etc.. or get it all converted into gold bullion and sit on top of it with a shotgun.. decisions decisions

digital_red
08-24-2003, 10:13 PM
$100,000,000 is about 63,536,557.71

Id use most of it to pay off my credit card. And if I had enough left over Id build a Bat cave.

???
08-24-2003, 10:29 PM
100,000,000 Dollar is:
11,755,500,000 Yen

very very good :applause:

wgreenlee1
08-24-2003, 10:34 PM
Buy a very large share in...
ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
V

Hookflash
08-24-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by wgreenlee1
Buy a very large share in...
ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
V

Um... Are you sure that's wise? ;)

ntmonkey
08-24-2003, 11:20 PM
If I was given 100,000,000 dollars, I'd go find the snobbiest rich folks (you know the kind), and ruin their lifestyle. I'd buy a mobile home, and park it right beside their mansion. I'd join their country club, and Caddyshack it to hell. And then I'd exchange about 10,000 into quarters and then proceed to scatter it in a rich neighborhood and watch ppl pick it up like birds eating seeds. And of course I'd videotape all of this and send the rest to charity so they have money and something to laugh at.

later,

Lu

The Time Serpent
08-24-2003, 11:27 PM
I would buy myself a huge piece of land in canada (it will have a mountain, a lake, and a forest and maybe couple small towns), is there one in canada?)
then i would build myself a castle there, i wuld ride only horses (**** cars, horses rule) then i would crown myself as the king and i will declare independence from canada. well also ill do probably all the stuff that ppl said already (excpet charity and cars)

PhilWesson
08-24-2003, 11:36 PM
After making Bill Gates my bitch, i'd give a good amount to all the 3d software companies to try to convince them to lower their prices so that more financially challenged individuals could afford their products. I'd set up some kind of conference for Cgtalkers only (kinda like 3d Festival, but for all of us), and have it in the US (preferrably East Coast).

Make the most ridiculous renderfarm imaginable
Of course have my own studio, (again, only employing CGtalkers)
Get a modest house, nothing too big
Meet everyone that I've always wanted to meet
Help out my fam so that no one would ever have to work again
give an extreamly generous amount to charity (prob United Way, since they fund my job right now)
Buy a nice guitar

But i think the best answer to the question, 'what would you do with
$100 mil' is:

ANYTHING I WANT

BiTMAP
08-25-2003, 12:00 AM
I persoanly Would right off the bat give 10% to the church, as I wish to listen to my God, and hey it was his anyways.

Then I would live off the intrest minus 10% off of that to the church every payment. I would probebly end up buying a nice house for my family, and once i moved out another one for myself and my eventual family. I would Start NemusDev Into a Company and work on what i love, computer games. I'd prolly never end up touching the money after that, just the intrest.

Tex3D
08-25-2003, 12:00 AM
WOW ..what responses!!:eek:

Some of you are truly truly beautiful people in your hearts.:love:

Some of you are rat FREAKING BASTARDS.....

Either way, very entertaining indeed....carry on:D

-Dave

Instead of me telling you what I'd do ..why don't you try and guess what I'd do. ...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!....ahem..:blush:

JDex
08-25-2003, 12:15 AM
Buy a dog,

Train him to wear a hat, shoot guns, drink scotch and smoke cigars.

That's my guess:D

markbones
08-25-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Tex3D
WOW ..what responses!!

Some of you are truly truly beautiful people in your hearts.

Some of you are rat FREAKING BASTARDS.....

Either way, very entertaining indeed....carry on:D

-Dave

Instead of me telling you what I'd do ..why don't you try and guess what I'd do. ...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!....ahem..:blush:

Well, from reading some of your recent posts Dave/Tex3d, I would suspect somewhere along the way you will build the world's biggest hot tub, get tons of booze, hang around with tons of naked chicks and basically create for yourself "Playboy Masion Texas" :beer:

Tex3D
08-25-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by markbones
Well, from reading some of your recent posts Dave/Tex3d, I would suspect somewhere along the way you will build the world's biggest hot tub, get tons of booze, hang around with tons of naked chicks and basically create for yourself "Playboy Masion Texas" :beer:

No No..I meant AFTER winning the dough!!:cool:

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually a party house would kick ass!! That is more than enough money to stock a badass stabbin' cabin and fly out a whole mess of my fellow CG Talker bruthas and sistahs!!! I'd have a big hottub in the shape of a nekkid lady and a FLOATING WET BAR!!!!

I'd make sure to only fly out CGTalkers that agree with me on everything of course though:hmm: ...and the chicks ..of course.

Then I'd set up a HUGE LAN party and we'd thrown down on some vid games and drinks and Playboy Playmates would serve us snacky cakes on golden trays......ahhhh....The life!!

-Dave

Don't worry ladies, I'd geta couple of beefcake hubba hubbas for you. Maybe Viggo wouldn't mind rubbing Leigh's feet while she kills us at HALO~~!!:applause:

The Time Serpent
08-25-2003, 02:21 AM
Hey Dave i agree with you:beer: ..... can i be on the party list?:cool: pretty please? ill do anything:bowdown:

;)

Tex3D
08-25-2003, 02:29 AM
Anything??

:curious:

Just Kiddin dawg~~!!:beer: Free beer and.....well....everything!!! For all~~~!!!!

-Dave

wgreenlee1
08-25-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Hookflash
Um... Are you sure that's wise? ;)

Are you sure it wouldnt be?;)

SheepFactory
08-25-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by wgreenlee1
Are you sure it wouldnt be?;)

you need to do some read up un the SGI's performance on the stock market ;)

gmask
08-25-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Sheep Factory

Wouldn't it go up briefly if Alias was sold?

Valkyrien
08-25-2003, 03:34 AM
of course, the lottery distributes money to winners by giving them around $100,000 per year...I'd get impatient after a while;)

The Time Serpent
08-25-2003, 03:35 AM
well :rolleyes: almost anything

wgreenlee1
08-25-2003, 03:44 AM

Well things have been worse for SGI.
What was it?Last fall they were almost -50% below market average and then early this spring they were up 40% above market average....

Tex3D
08-25-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by The Time Serpent
well :rolleyes: almost anything

The First Rule of Tex Club is...You DO NOT TALK ABOUT TEX CLUB!!!

..unless you are telling your hot twin neighbors about it that is!:buttrock:

But seriously guys....I'd have to give at least a COUPLE of bucks to charity of some sort....you know....like....something that like.....you know.....helps people and stuff. Like....

a charity for ...blondes or something.

I dunno:shrug:

-Dave

I guess I wasn't made for the whole ..."charity" thing.

JDex
08-25-2003, 04:13 AM
Actually the way the powerball works is they create an annuity that is good for 26 years... they put whatever amount into it that with the fixed interest rate will total the Jackpot. Then the annuity pays 312 payments (26x12months) to the winner. Or the winner can opt for the cash prize and recieve the total amount that was going to be put in the annuity (usually about 60%).

The problem with the cash option is you're tax percentage is much bigger so your jackpot really tanks.

100,000,000/312 = 320512.82 per month minus about 28% tax ($230769.23 monthly check $72,000,000 total)

or

60,000,000 minus 44% tax ($33,600,000 all at once)

I personally would take the annuity... but thats just me.

JA-forreal
08-25-2003, 04:25 AM
Use alittle to hire some of the best cg artist on this forum and start up a game company. Then when that fails and weve had our 15 min of fame, just head out to an island in the Caribbean and start up that modeling agency that has been a long time dream of mine. Who wants in on this one?

???
08-25-2003, 04:30 AM
100,000,000/312 = 320512.82 per month
$72,000,000 / 320512.82 per month = 225 = 0$

So all your money will go to the gouvernoment cause of taxes... in the 225th month (18 years) you'll get 0$. taxes sucked you up :(

i suggest to leave the country.

gmask
08-25-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by ???
100,000,000/312 = 320512.82 per month
$72,000,000 / 320512.82 per month = 225 = 0$

So all your money will go to the gouvernoment cause of taxes... in the 225th month (18 years) you'll get 0$. taxes sucked you up :(

Yeah don't forget about taxes! Maybe I will convert to gold and sit on the pile with a shotgun after all :lightbulb

JDex
08-25-2003, 04:38 AM
I didn't forget the taxes... the number in parenthesis is the approx after taxes #

no no no... you would get about $230k per month for 312 months...

gmask
08-25-2003, 04:41 AM
I didn't forget the taxes... the number in parenthesis is the approx after taxes #

no no no... you would get about $230k per month for 312 months...

Yeah I'm just chiming in.. still that's enough to keep you in hottubs and shotguns shells for a lifetime.. I should think.

Tex3D
08-25-2003, 05:16 AM
Well I'm curious as to what Leo and LilDragon would do??

I wanna hear from one of the head Nachos on this subject!

I CHALLENGE one of them to come up with something kewler than :

!!!!El Rancho De Tex!!!!!

or !! La Casa De Macho Spectacularrrrr!!!!

So whaddya say tough guys??

-Dave

* the above post was written in a tongue and cheek fashion. While my tongue is not really in my cheek, it was written by a foolish foolish man that amuses himself easily. In other words...Please don't kill me sirs...Im too pretty to die!!:cry:

The Cross
08-25-2003, 05:56 AM
Rent out a few levels of building somewhere in the city and build a network of Dell's, with state of the hardware.(Maybe 50 machines or so.) Once this place is fully licensed, I'd then Put an add in the paper, and personally pay a visite to 3D schools all over Canada and the States, and possible other parts of the world. Only so i could notify the up coming artists about what i am doing, and there is pay happening, That way i'll recieve Demo reels from all over.

Only thing i would want first is to make a company Demo reel....A really good one, so we can generously send DVD's of our capabilities to potential clients. If 3 years went by, and the business wasn't even breaking even, I'd then shut down the Animation house, and reset my priorities.

I'd rather create jobs than give a large sum of money to a charity. Although Giving to charity i would do.Only cause it would keep my conscious from harrasing me. I would rather do the charity myself, that way i can see where the money is going.

As for leasure time, I would have quiet a line up of Sport Bikes, for myself and my real friends, And a few cars for my family and i. A Porsche 911 Turbo for sure, But no Super Fantasy cars. I'd like always know what it feels like to want.

I'd also have kids. Lot's of kids. cause they are the only thing that will be with you when your old, and you won't die alone.

Every investment i mentioned here would take place over a period of time. I wouldn't want to put a stopper on any of these plans. If i won the money, i don't think i'd ever feel that i earned anything no matter how hard i work. I can only imagine i would become inslaved in work, for the sake of sanity. I'd probably even get rid of all the nice toys and live off of what i earn, and keep the forture for Family and Business only.

Per-Anders
08-25-2003, 05:59 AM
make a film of course!... and reap the rewards

of course i might pick myself up a few decent bits and peices along the way, like my own home, rather than just renting for the rest of my life.... nice car, shallow stuff like that, and maybe make a nice recording studio.

Strob
08-25-2003, 08:17 AM
With 100,000,000$ US
I would go to live in Tokyo (where my girlfriend is). I think I would be able to pay for a decent appartment for a couple of months...

Windex
08-25-2003, 08:37 AM
"Try" to change the world,
make it a better place,
educate people (morals,culture...)
...play poker with god maybe.

Boone
08-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Actually, there is something rightous I would do with the money...

...FORCE EVERYONE IN THE CG INDUSTRY TO USE TRUESPACE!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HA!:twisted:

Tex3D
08-25-2003, 06:45 PM
:eek: BASTARD!!!

:shame:

You aint right in the head d00d...seriously

-Dave

I'd kill before I'd be subjected to that!!:annoyed:

Goatfuzz
08-26-2003, 12:07 AM
Have my school moved to the center of a blackhole (it might sound cheesy, but it's what I want). :p

-My first day of school this year was today. :annoyed:

Signal2Noise
08-26-2003, 12:14 AM
Ouch! Remember to spend less time on CGT and more time studying & doing homework.:wip:

Goatfuzz
08-26-2003, 12:19 AM
:rolleyes:

I'm quite the procrastinator unfortunately. This is the first year they're trying out 'block scheduling'. The classes are 90 minutes long, and they switch off every day ('white' and 'red' days).

Thanks for the 'advice' ;).

emtilt
08-26-2003, 12:27 AM
I'd buy some nice musical instruments: lots of guitars, a nice bass, nice mandolin, nice grand piano, nice synth, etc.

I'd donate some to charity.

I'd do some traveling and take some friends with me.

I'd buy my close friends each a very nice gift.

I'd buy a nice 3d app (can't afford the big ones now...).

I'd buy a nice audio system for my home.

I'd buy some recording equipment for a home studio.

I'd buy a very nice computer.

I'd buy a decent car (nothing fancy, just a decent car to get me where I'm going, since I don't have one at the moment).

I'd buy a condo or something on the Gulf of Mexico, or maybe somewhere else on the west central florida coast.

unLevel
08-26-2003, 01:07 AM
"the love of money is the root of all evil"

:shame: take this shamy emoticon and go in peace...haha...

moovieboy
08-26-2003, 05:25 AM
I'd hire the coolest of the CGTalk boy and girls, pay them a lot of dough for each of their talents and...

Remake Episodes I and II and watch the dough roll in :deal:

-Tom

parallax
08-26-2003, 09:11 AM
I'd put the money in an account, and wait for the right time to buy massive amounts of tech-stock. (about 50%) actually, you should have done that around sept11. I know, sounds cruel, but you could have made huge amounts of money.
Invest those dollars baby!
Open up some businesses, and make even more money. Turn those millions into billions.
The only way to make large sums of money in this world, is having so much money that you don't even need more.

Then go the charity way. You can't do jack-sh*t with milions. If you really want to change stuff, you need billions upon billions.

I'd keep just enough to manage me and my family/friends. And just keep on working. I'd also want to be self-sufficient.
Having large amounts of money changes people. As long as you got your friends, family, and generally are a happy man, you wont care for money.

OR!

Spend it ALL, in one year, on alcohol, parties, women, drugs, cars, boats and what have you.

But seriously, i guess chilling on the beach all day, can also get boring.

Six Black Roses
08-26-2003, 12:01 PM
What would I do? Not what Jesus would do, that's what I'd do.

No charities, no making this world a better place bull. The problem is simply that in enough time, it will not matter.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: What is written below is not to be taken seriously, for every 16-year-old has the right to joke (or not) as he pleases.

Considering they'd want half, I'd probably build up some controlled rage agaisnt the US government. I'd first scram from the country before they could get a nice tax shipment (and if I can't get the full 100 before that, I'd be even more upset). I'd either look to join some big criminals, or I'd start to finance something.

I'd probably get multiple hits against people who I personally think are leeches in this world. This very well includes, but is not limited to, certain politicians.

Most definately, I'd work with multiple contract killers to randomly kill ugly people. Yes, those ugly people who complain and then do nothing to fix it. Above all else, I'd make sure to hunt down as many ugly computer geeks who are horny when they're not programming or doing CG or reading jokes on how horrible Microsoft is.

Did I mention that I would actually literally (no joke) kill every person who pays to get women? They're all ugly. And I don't like ugly people who pay for sexual favors.

If I'd feel a bit extra me, I might have even carried out some focused terror acts against people who aren't so very innocent. This ranges from civilians who do nothing but please themselves, to FBI agents who kill innocent people, to presidents who speak like chimps.

Then with the few million left, I'd live life on the run. If all else fails, I'll publically commit suicide, only to make one message...

"You couldn't stop me. But death did. No matter where you are, no matter what mask you wear... the shadow in the black hooded robe will find you. And then you will know... know the invulnerable breath which blows at our lives like a desert storm at sand. You live now, you die tomorrow. And a day after that, you never have existed. What is our purpose? Do we ultimately procreate just to keep the species going, this species that consists only of beings who prioritize procreation above everything else? I've come to my end, and this is where I came from. Rest in peace... rest in peace."

Rei Ayanami
08-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Forget what i said earlier. I want Siz Black Roses killed instead. With a nuke.

MattClary
08-26-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by typeA
.coke and whores...:p

LOL!! Yeah, baby, YEAH! Well, the whores maybe, but f*ck the coke. :)

Well, I'd donate half to charity... hmmmm... welfare is a charity, so Uncle Sam it is.

Screw opening my own studio. I'll take classes (screw a degree, don't care crap about English 101), improve my artistic skills, and create what I want, with no deadlines. Vacation whenever I feel like it.

I'd buy real estate to ensure my family is well taken care of several generations down the line.

HUUUUUUGE freaking house. Something that I can rollerblade in if I get the urge. A wing of said house being dedicated to computers and all things CG. I'd have to seriously consider learning XSI..... siiiiiiigh..... :)

Clanger
08-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Buy a large turnip.

mattregnier
08-26-2003, 07:33 PM
Buy some talent :shrug:
Buy some anime :D
Then buy some more anime :eek:

Remi
08-26-2003, 07:51 PM
I'd start a celery farm.......:)

boomji
08-26-2003, 08:56 PM
no particular order.

1. Buy 3 mountains i have had an eye on since 3 years.(i'll buy those even if i dont win...somehow)...they r the places i go to every now and then...heaven on earth.

2.GET MARRIED to my better half(thanks for waiting 10 years baby :scream:)

3.charity...my own trust/institution.(animals more/humans less).

4.make sure my parents never need anything but my being there.

5.game studio...making adaptations on novels.(eric lust bader,james clavell,trevanian etc)

6.call me kinked but i want to be able to build a pc from 0...right upto designing the chips and circuiry...every thing.thats what i'll do or die trying. :p

jeez... i do get carried away now donn ie !!! :)

b

MacRonin
08-26-2003, 09:56 PM
100 million, eh?!?

I could spend some of that...

Get the guys that did the full-size sets to make me my own personal BagEnd...

Killer home theatre...

New monster bass rig...

Car & motorcycle garage/workshop...

Massive Apple renderfarm...

Personal aikido dojo...

Gym w/ climbing wall...

A few cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles...

Go to Ringling on the 10 year plan (pay off Board of Trustees to allow this)...

Give out about 10 million to friends & family...

Live off of the interest from the remainder...

moovieboy
08-26-2003, 10:14 PM
It's ironic that Six Black Roses wants us to respect his right to say that he's going to kill people whom are excercising the same right.:shrug:

Thank goodness it's only a phase!:hmm:

-Tom

???
08-26-2003, 10:24 PM
lol this domain name :applause:
http://www.tv/en-def-1ab3667c33a0/cgi-bin/multilookup.cgi?domain=sports&tld=tv&x=28&y=8

Signal2Noise
08-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I am certain once Six Black Roses discovers Clearasil (http://www.clearasil.com/) he'll be a happy camper.:thumbsup:

I've read some of SBR's other posts. A troubled individual indeed. Let us all gather and send him hugs (after his acne has cleared of course):love:

parallax
08-26-2003, 10:31 PM
You could also put $100.000.000 in dimes in a big ass warehouse, and dive in it like that Scrooge Duck guy. Always wondered what that would be like..

BiTMAP
08-26-2003, 10:52 PM
painful, very painful!

Also, I'd love to win the "make something unreal contest" if i just had a coder!! And then i'd finance my own company!

gmask
08-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by parallax
You could also put $100.000.000 in dimes in a big ass warehouse, and dive in it like that Scrooge Duck guy. Always wondered what that would be like..

Painful... you'd break your neck!

Nimue
08-26-2003, 10:56 PM
Two chicks at the same time.

Signal2Noise
08-26-2003, 11:15 PM
You would have to pay for that wouldn't you, Nimue? Pity...:p

How about two chicks at the same time in a pile of dimes!

Six Black Roses
08-26-2003, 11:50 PM
Acne?

*** grins ***

Now, this is odd... for some reason you think I'm ugly now. *** giggles ***

But it's not a phase, I assure you. I just hate it when people who couldn't get the better-looking women in the first place resort to bribing them with money. And that of course says that they value only the sex. And guys who (most especially the ugly ones) pay for sex just need to die.

Yeah, it might not be their faults. I mean, not everybody is born to lure girls or women. But so what? Paying for sex is quite the low form of life that I want to get rid of. And I want to get rid of all the ugly people who cry, "The media is making us the bad people and is telling the world what is beautiful." God, if you can't suck it up and do something about it, stop complaining. Yes, I think, being able to blame the media might make some of you feel better about yourselves... but... to flat out cry and do nothing and then pay for sex?

*** sigh ***

Besides, most people who can't get girls (or at least the models) can at least try to enhance their appearance. But paying for sex? Ugly bastards need to die.

BiTMAP
08-27-2003, 12:53 AM
are you familure with this sign

http://www.members.shaw.ca/timgauthier/temp.GIF

I do believe It was oft. black on a white circle with a red backround. You know everything you stand for is basicly the same platfor the nazi's used? they Hated jews becuase they were imperfect, so jews had to die, as well as everyone else deemed imperfect.

gmask
08-27-2003, 12:57 AM
Oh boy :banghead:

JDex
08-27-2003, 01:02 AM
OMG... let us not turn this frivolous, pleasant thread into another Six Black Roses is an ass thread... there have been enough of those lately.

Besides, killing SBR and killing every imperfect person SBR hates, can I ask;

What would you do with $100,000,000.00?

CADster
08-27-2003, 01:13 AM
What would you do with $100,000,000.00?

start a game company and get rich ....

ummmm.... id already be rich .... but id still start my own game company.

id also start a trust fund helping people around where i live.. no united way, no feed the starving people in africa .. the people i see right here who need help would get my help.

id also build a big ass garage and fill it with all the cars ive always wanted to own.... then id model them in detail and put them in my game :)

Diamondfang
08-27-2003, 01:30 AM
Well if i won a 100 million dollars on lottery, i would still finish school eventhough i am a senior in college. I would probably get a private tutor on my 3D skills because i think it would help you more to concentrate one on one plus you get more out of it. You ask what you want, and you model what you want and the tutor is there to show you everything you need.

I would buy a house that will have a giant office for my animation needs.

The rest? I would probably put some in an investment so it can grow over time, and what is left over i will take a vacation around the world. Also go to all the biggest 3D events there is and Higher the best artists for private lessons...hehe.

Dillon
08-27-2003, 01:35 AM
Invest in real estate.

100 million minus taxes = about 50 million.

Investing in income property in some parts of the USA will reap about 10 percent a year (after expenses).

10% of 50 million is 5 million.

5 million a year, for the rest of my life. 5 million / 12 months = 416,666 per month.

I'd have a hard time figuring out how to spend the money at that point. Then its starting foundations for research and philanthropic endeavors.

I hate myself.

Dillon

Diamondfang
08-27-2003, 01:35 AM
Hey BiTMAP

I am not sure how you got to the nazi sign from winning a lottory??

In anycase i am just thinking if you are trying to give us lessons on the nazi movement, or trying to teach us about imperfection??

You could of said that without that sign you know...but anyways, what is a human mind without expression eh?

Originally posted by BiTMAP
are you familure with this sign

http://www.members.shaw.ca/timgauthier/temp.GIF

I do believe It was oft. black on a white circle with a red backround. You know everything you stand for is basicly the same platfor the nazi's used? they Hated jews becuase they were imperfect, so jews had to die, as well as everyone else deemed imperfect.

gmask
08-27-2003, 01:39 AM
Hey everybody please stop posting swastikas! It's not cool!

Six Black Roses
08-27-2003, 01:49 AM
Swastika? Is that the nazi sign thing?

Now... I don't hate people just 'cause they're imperfect. I hate the imperfect people who pay for sex. But I mostly despise the male population, seeing that nearly all are still driven by primal urges and think of only sex during their free time. Besides... ugly men shouldn't be caught with beautiful women after paying them. It's just... wrong. For the attractive men, it's a bit different--it's just that those men don't have to pay for it, so it's certainly not as degrading to him even if all he wants is sex.

BiTMAP
08-27-2003, 01:50 AM
my post was to sixblackroses regarding his post, read it then you'll realise what i was meaning.

gmask
08-27-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Six Black Roses
I hate the imperfect people who pay for sex.

Okay we hear ya.. but this discussion of it is really inappropriate for this forum.

ilasolomon
08-27-2003, 02:11 AM
C'mon boys, don't kill eachother for nothing!
and please don't confuse original sanskrit swastika sign (which has no bad meaning at all) with the nazi's twisted swastika sign (which has bad meaning now)
... btw why you'r affraid of posting any sort of bad mark or sign? ... while no one wants to propagandize ...

SheepFactory
08-27-2003, 02:37 AM
Ok guys , please get this thread back on track or i am going to have to close it.

6 black roses will join us again in the future when he grows up.

moovieboy
08-27-2003, 02:46 AM
6 black roses will join us again in the future when he grows up.

Amen.

Here's a side question for those of you who have answered: If this magical dollar amount was only 1 million instead of 100 million, would the priorities of your original response be different?

-Tom

gmask
08-27-2003, 02:53 AM
>>>If this magical dollar amount was only 1 million instead of 100 million, would the priorities of your original response be different?

Instead of making a feature length film I might take a year or so off and make a really good short film.

JDex
08-27-2003, 02:57 AM
>>>If this magical dollar amount was only 1 million instead of 100 million, would the priorities of your original response be different?

Of course, but just in scale... I would still attend the schools I am dying to go to... buy a much more reasonable house and not a get a new vette each year, but I'd still get the GTO and the Legacy.

Make my short and invest the rest... rather than donating a large lump of cash to charities though, I would just give what made sense each year based upon profits & losses.

Tex3D
08-27-2003, 03:35 AM
Hey guys...WHat did I miss??

OOhhh Let's see here..Hmmm NAZI's!!! WTF??

Once again EL Sheep Gordo has saved another fun thread for surefire destruction.

Tonight...I drink to El Sheep!!! 2 Bacardi's on Los rocks.:beer:

-Dave

YES the lesser amount would change priorities!!! I'd have to get a GOLD hottub instead of Platinum and I'd only be able to drink Bacardi Reserve by the case instead of the barrel:hmm:

BiTMAP
08-27-2003, 04:47 AM
sorry bout the whole sign thing... just trying to help the boy realise how close to being a nazi he was... that said not talking bout that anymore, and removing the image from my site.

If the money was only 1 mil, id do the same, Put it in an account, tithe, and eventualy finance NemusDev as a game company.

BrainFaucet
08-27-2003, 06:30 AM
I would probably get an acceptable-but-not-too-big appartment or house, put the majority of my money in a bank and intrest-bearing CDs and such and live off of the interest.. and make animations for fun. Maybe try and sell animation DVD/merchandise related to my animations and give the profits to some art program or some cool but starving artist... and pet adoption agencies too.

And I'd move a bit farther south... I really like central Florida.

Oh, and give some to CGTalk of course :P

alx
08-27-2003, 09:36 AM
BE HAPPY

SINCERELY
ALX
:wavey:

xeno
08-27-2003, 12:00 PM
i would probably try to invest the money in a way that garantees me to have 100.000.000 by the end of the year :D
If that would fail, id just by myself a (believe it or not) Monte carlo and soup it up just like in the movie Training day and save the rest to gain as much intrest as possible!

Boone
08-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Talk related to NAZIs, CGTalkers shocked by each other and vulgar talk of what some CGTalkers would do to attractive young ladies...

...like I said - money isn't the soul-driving force in my life. All I want is the money for a 3D app and then use it to get a nice CG job to earn a good wage...the rest of the things in life I can find myself. I don't need obscene amounts of money...:wise:

heavyness
08-27-2003, 08:33 PM
with that kind of money, i would open my own game studio in Cleveland [so both me and my wife could be close to home]. i would also work there as a entry level artist and just to model and animate away. the first couple games i would let other lead the development cycle since i have no expierence in that area, but later on i would promote myself [once i learn the ins and outs].

i would also open a arcade/LAN arcade right next door [to give back to the kids of course...]. and all of this would be on a single street right next to my new house. i would also buy a new tv.

dAfTiE
08-27-2003, 10:37 PM
This kinda sucks, but I think I'd turn into a real bastard.
Dunno why really,but I have this feeling I'd suck at being rich :)

I'd do at least ONE decent thing tho...
I'd have the silly fugger over at Fox that canceled the Family Guy beaten in public.
Then I'd pay Seth McFarlane to make at LEAST 3 more seasons.

Other than that,I have to say Tex3D has some nice ideas :)
Make sure to gimme a call if you hit that jackpot bro.

I mean...Giant lan party with playboy bunnies serving snacky cakes...
Pure freakin genious.

"It doesn't matter if you're black or white,
the only color that really matters is green."
-Peter Griffin

Tex3D
08-27-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by dAfTiE
Other than that,I have to say Tex3D has some nice ideas :)
Make sure to gimme a call if you hit that jackpot bro.

I mean...Giant lan party with playboy bunnies serving snacky cakes...
Pure freakin genious.

When I rule the Earth, your death shall be quick and painless!

Damn you, Damn the Wright Brothers and Damn the Broccoli!!:p

Anybody that quotes the Family Guy is OK in MY book!! I hope you can hold yer licquor though?!!:beer:

-Dave

Rei Ayanami
08-27-2003, 11:11 PM
I would get the next series of Farscape made, but true to original style and with no stupidly over kill OTT fx.

d4rk
08-27-2003, 11:58 PM
Been thinking... I would buy up all the moon realestate, then move there and then since there is no police or anything I would just claim the moon as mine and start my ultimate plan to geneticaly engineer a race of super beautifull sapphic women that bread without the need for men (that way they can perpetuate with me being he only man there) and they would worship me as a god, and I'd slowly terraform the moon and find a way to put my brain into a robotic midget sized anatomicaly correct cartoon styled dog that walks on two feet and wears clothing and I would call the Moon DOGSTAR. and there would just be 100s of 1000s of hot chicks everywhere and I'd slowly transform the moon into a tropical paradise... and NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO COME THERE :twisted: !!!!!!!

I'd wear a cape and have a little staff with a diamond on the top and a 50s style ganster hat... possibly a monicle not sure.

**** if I only had a million.... I would bribe my boss's boss to make ME the boss and fire everyone that I hate that I have to work with cause they are big dummie-heads and I'd get my revenge! Then I would give myself a raise and hire lots of hot chicks to work for me... oh and not tell my wife about the last part...

spakman
08-28-2003, 06:57 AM
I'd keep 1mil to fix my harmonic waveform jones, and drop the rest of my dead presidents on whatever charity could work out some kind of Public Access Internet Terminal that doubles as a free Wi-Fi Network Hub. Drop 'em all over the poor 'hoods of the world U know, let some of those left out peeps have their turn at the mic for once.

:wavey:

Agent D
08-28-2003, 07:28 AM
Phase 1

Enslavement checklist:

* 1. [ ] Human Race

Shopping list:

* [ ] Loyal army of robots/supersoldiers/mercenaries

* [ ] Giant thing which makes stuff explode. (Orbital satallite? Particle beam?)

* [ ] Sprawling underground lair

* [ ] Elite group of deadly henchmen

* [ ] Misc vehicles: Snowmobiles, helicopters, sports cars

Phase 2
* [...]

Phase 3
* Profit!

parallax
08-28-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by gmask
Painful... you'd break your neck!

*puts on blast helmet*

driftingice
08-28-2003, 08:40 AM
Firstly, I will buy a good computer.:D

Now, my cpu is AMD 1600+.:cry:

markbones
08-28-2003, 03:22 PM
I'd have the silly fugger over at Fox that canceled the Family Guy beaten in public.

Hm... Since we now have the money to execute "revenge tactics", I have always wanted to seek out Rolland Emmerich, toss a little beating on him, and take my $10 back for having paid to see Godzilla. I know the money won't matter, but I am a man of principle.

PiPS
08-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Ahahaha...

I do... nothing ?!

Agent D
08-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Then I'd pay Seth McFarlane to make at LEAST 3 more seasons.

Ooh, I missed this one. I'd do that too.

That also reminds me to add "Crush Nickelodeon into the dirt and get someone else to air all of the Invader Zim episodes" to my list. :twisted:

JDex
08-28-2003, 08:55 PM
I'd bring back Fraggle Rock and Reboot.

dmeyer
08-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Celery.

Lots of Celery.

carl_00
08-29-2003, 12:01 AM
ahh someting i always think about before the lottery draw, i would still carry on with my dream of working in the games industry or doing cg in films:thumbsup: but with a bit of money to fall back on if things dont work out:cool:

ndat
08-29-2003, 06:58 AM
I'd bring back Fraggle Rock and Reboot.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeboooooooottttttt I need YOU!!!!

They started to make new episodes for cartoon network, and then cancled it just when it was getting good. Corperate Bastards, the only reason it didnt do good is because they put it in a bad time slot.

If I had that much money hmmmm

1. Refine alternate fuel -- for travel only
2. Get rid of guns and balistic weapons
3. Destroy all forms of government
4. Establish complete anarchy
5. Destroy modern comforts
6. Populate the world with genetically modified animals (monsters)
7. Make up a strange story with lots of plot twists explaining why things are the way they are.
7. Enjoy my real life RPG Game

woot the perfect life :)

???
08-29-2003, 07:09 AM
Reboot ??? isn't it that the first 3D tv serie made in canada by a company called mainframe ? That show with... dot, enzo, megabite, bob...

wow

jb_gfx
08-29-2003, 08:28 AM
EDIT: I would never wish someone's death even if I disagree with his politic. It was just a dark humor joke too bad some peoples took it at the 1st degree.

Have a nice day

Tex3D
08-29-2003, 02:29 PM

You intelligence is astounding!

-Dave

Dumbass:rolleyes:

lone
08-29-2003, 03:30 PM
move

Remi
08-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by jb_gfx
$100,000,000.00 hum... I think I'd pay an assassin to shot Bush :)

Not that I care...but I thought I should warn you....writting something like that can actually get you jail time....:shrug:

magic6435
08-31-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Nimue
Two chicks at the same time.

ROFL inceae you guys did not know:

OFFICESPACE best movie of all time

jb_gfx
09-19-2003, 05:36 AM
EDIT: I won't go into that...

Asorson
09-19-2003, 05:46 AM
I'll second the marry J-lo! No screw that, First I'd marry J-lo. Then fund some research to clone her. Then have two J-lo's! ;)

erilaz
09-19-2003, 05:47 AM
...Keep it for my retirement.:)

Agent D
09-19-2003, 05:49 AM
Retire and go around resurrecting threads and breaking forum rules. :rolleyes: :p

Ultragames
09-19-2003, 05:57 AM
If i won the Pepsi BILLION dollar thing, i would make an island only for artists.

buckky
09-19-2003, 07:22 AM
1. 20mil to ride in a soyuz and get a few days in space and annoy tall the real astro/cosmonauts
2. 10mil to debunk the GRAVITON!
3. 60mil to produce a low budget neuromancer or count zero feature film.(not a b movie version, i mean a good one!)
4. 10mil to keep me going till i get another job

this assumes taxes had already been payed

opus13
09-19-2003, 08:06 AM
well, i am torn between 2 diferents things to do with 100mil.

option 1: an entourage of vegas showgirls that surrounds me and gives me a flashy entrance to any room i enter.

picture it. you would not just 'walk into a coffeeshop'. no... you would be ushered through a tunnel of feathers that part for you at just the right moment.

i think 30 people should cover it.

option 2:wherever i go, about 30 steps behind me would be my own personal flamenco quartet. i love flamenco, incredibly tasteful in any situation, and can only be mastered by precious few. (try it sometime, its a bitch just to sound half-assed)

i would have my own flamenco theme song.. maybe tom waits will be commissioned to write it. either him or the guys from soul coughing

opus13
09-19-2003, 08:08 AM
4. 10mil to keep me going till i get another job

you wouldnt need to find another job. 10million at 4% bond would yield about $400,000 annual payout.

enough to buy a house and have 150,000 spending cash EVERY YEAR!

buckky
09-19-2003, 08:16 AM
im the kind of guy that goes to the grocery store and then eats everthing as soon as i get home, i could never be consevative with that much free money! id know i would be broke in one year even if i had 100bil :)

Velk
09-19-2003, 02:09 PM
$100,000,000
Well first off I'd take the lump sum ($33.5 million)
Then I'd buy a high end 3d prog (maybe xsi - have to try it first) and a really good computer and reder farm.
Sit on the rest living out my days working at my job but not really needing to and investing ($33 million makes a lot of interest [12 years * 10% = $103 million])

Oh, most likely give some to family friends etc...

Alice
09-19-2003, 03:23 PM
WAFFLES!!!!!!!
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

EF
09-20-2003, 05:37 PM
I would drive an bugatti veyron (for sure)
live in orlanda....go racing every day and i would have the best computer I could buy.

t-man152
09-20-2003, 07:00 PM
hmmmm wonder how much it would cost to take over pixar?:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.