PDA

View Full Version : help needed

Odin1985
08-24-2003, 06:49 AM
hi, im kind of new with photoshop and i wnat to know after i got a layout for a site and i sliced most parts for link i want to know how like to create the main body that will change in the site, how can that be done? is done in the same way as links?

thx for your help

theGuest
08-24-2003, 09:25 AM
Very simple actually...

In Photoshop, use a large white space to represent the etxt area of your page layout. Slice around the text areas with the Slice tool. Then when you put together the images again in html, just remove the white space image that represented the text areas in Photoshop.

TIP: if you need to "force" that text area space in html to be an exact width, just using "width=nn" in html may not work for all browsers. Best guarantee of keeping a specific width for table cells is to put a 1 pixel transparent gif in the celll, before the text, and make it's width the width you want the cell to maintain. You can set the height of the pixel to just 1.

AirbORn
08-24-2003, 09:27 AM
Your talking about a roll over link that changes on the main page am I right?

Well I don't use Photoshop to make the actual settings for the roll over to work but what I do to create two different versions of a roll over is using 2 layers. On my first layer I use a static image and on the second I use the same image but with a different color or shape.

First save the main page by selecting all of the slices, and then turn off the first layer and then turn on the second layer with the image you want to be the roll over image. Once again save the slice for web but only select the new slice that you want to save.

Then using Java Script or Dreamweaver MX on the HTML file that photoshop created when saving the slices using "Save for web" do I add my roll over code for the images I created in photoshop.

If I'm talking about something compeletly different good luck. ^^

theGuest
08-24-2003, 02:45 PM
No he's not talking about a rollOver...
i want to know how like to create the main body That would suggest the main text area of the page.

AirbORn
08-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Ahhh! Well I tired. :P

Odin1985
08-24-2003, 09:26 PM
thx for that reple so i guess that if im going to use a image i can put the image as a background?

theGuest
08-25-2003, 09:58 AM
AirbORn... hey... can't hurt to have TOO much info. At least you replied. :thumbsup:

Odin... yes, you can use an image as a bg for the TD cell that your text will be in. Just point to the file within the TD tag. Do you know how to do that?

Like this:

<td background="/images/myImage.jpg"> CELL CONTENTS GOES HERE </td>

Odin1985
08-25-2003, 06:23 PM
thx :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.