PDA

View Full Version : Awarded short film - "The Day the Priest Went Back Home"

Aben-Athar
12-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Hi everybody!

Here goes the youtube link to my new short film, "The Day the Priest Went Back Home", that recently received the Brazilian One Minute Film Festival award for best short film about Father Cícero, a famous brazilian historical character.

THE DAY THE PRIEST WENT BACK HOME (HD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4_6Lws-9cc&fmt=22%20)

The soundtrack was once again created by the fantastic team, Daniel and Vicente Salvia, that I had worked with on "UFO".

Really hope you enjoy it!

Merry christmas and Cheers!

gameSedit
12-25-2009, 06:16 AM
hi, nice movie, i like the feel of it, and certainly like the way you integrated it with some live action and photographed pictures.. the only complain i have is of the birds.. especially when they hover over the father at 0.44 sec.. looks like they all move in the same fashion, in the sense there wasn't much of an offset in their motion, they all moved almost at the same time..and may be bcos of the animation they kinda looked like bats to me rather than birds.. Ah i am not an animator but that is what i thought.. ny ways nice movie...and congrats on getting the award for it..deserved it......... merry christmas and a happy new year. :)

Aben-Athar
12-29-2009, 01:15 AM
Hi, gameSedit!

Happy new year to you to! Thanks a lot for the compliments and I totally agree with your critique about the birds. Motion and shape. Unfortunaly I had to leave it like that, due to the festival's deadline. I will probably fix that sometime soon.

And Hey! There is no live-action there! Photos and 3d only! Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
12-29-2009, 01:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.