PDA

View Full Version : LIFE - a 13sec fx shot

gameSedit
12-23-2009, 01:36 PM
hi, i have been working on this shot now fr some 6 days now and atlast completed it .. would like to know if guys like it and if not pls let me know what is not workin..
thank you,
chetan.

here is the link : http://www.vimeo.com/8315063

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5697/lifex.jpg
By gamesedit (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/gamesedit) at 2009-12-23

VideoCreative
12-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Hello there

I love the particles that moving from right side to the left side. I love the colors and composition. What I think that you need to work a bit more on is a background. It needs to have stars shining or something. Its a bit dead at the moment. It looks like a bitmap pasted in a composition program.

Another things is lens flare: its too intensive and its moving even sun (which is obvious its source) doesn't change its position as well as camera. So its unnatural for a lens flare to move in this situation.

If I was you and if I had enough time, I would add some secondary branches animation to the tree.

That would be my 2 cents.
George

gameSedit
12-23-2009, 04:27 PM
thanks a lot George, will sure work on it.. and i did know that the lens flare should not move when there is no motion in the camera or the object emittin light ,but later thought that it would look more interesting.. i will sure take that animation off it.. thanks a lot again.

ajfrank
12-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Looks nice. Only thing that bothers me is the outer edge of the planet or sun. Too me the sun looks furry because of the how the edge is broken up. Im no expert in astronomy or anything but most of the time, until you get to a certain distance, most planets, as we're used to seeing, appears as almost a complete solid circle. In my opinion I would fine tune the edges of the sun and maybe even add a few higher solar flares.

Just my thought. Looks cool though

gameSedit
12-24-2009, 04:54 AM
hmm... will work on it.. thanks :thumbsup:

simyevil2010
12-24-2009, 06:15 AM
nice color & nice detalis by the movie but he is very short movie i wont 2 see a long movie ok

good luck 4 ever :thumbsup:

killer-instinct93
12-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Besides the colour palette and the fact that the orb is now a sun, it's almost a direct ripoff of shots from "The Fountain." It's nice work though.

gameSedit
12-24-2009, 07:06 AM
:) is it so .. i haven't watched fountain.. i guess i will now... thanks a lot kevin and sam.. sure sam will think of something :)

The Gunslinger
12-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Besides the colour palette and the fact that the orb is now a sun, it's almost a direct ripoff of shots from "The Fountain." It's nice work though.

That was my first thought. I still like that 13 seconds more than I did The Fountain.

Anyhow, it looks really neat. Brilliant colors.

CGTalk Moderation
12-24-2009, 11:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.