PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Duration of a Layer

rushi
08-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Hi all,

I am a new user of combustion.

I want to know how can i Chang the Duration of a Layer

it`s help is telling to stretch the layer . but how can i stretch the layer??

Please Help

3datri

rushi
08-24-2003, 07:44 PM
ummm?????

NO reply!!

Ok let me tell you what I want to do..

If i have chosen 30 frames while starting compositing.
while doing compositing if I want to incrise the frames then how can i do that?

3datri

PiXeL_MoNKeY
08-25-2003, 07:49 AM
Open the timeline and select the footage (Should be listed as Footage - FileName) grab the out point and drag it to the right to add as many frames as needed. Then go up in the timeline and extend the length of the layer/node containing the footage.

Or Select the Footage in the workspace. Under Footage Controls set the Source Frame End to the total length you need -1 (for 90 frames enter 89 as your end frame).

Jack Pfeiffer
08-25-2003, 10:06 AM
Hi..

Remember that posts tend to get answered S L O W E R on the weekends..

To change the still image length:
1) Go to your Workspace> Footage
2) Select the Footage Controls
3) Adjust the length on the right side.
(SEE ATTACHED IMAGE)

If you have a video clip, the length is set by the clip duration: You can use the "Time Stretch" options to stretch or compress the duration of the footage. The duration of the clip is updated according to the changes you make to this option. For example, if you reduce the speed of a 15-frame sequence set at 30 fps to 50%, the duration of the clip becomes 1 minute. The frame rate of the clip is not affected. Use frame blending in conjunction with this option to create a smoother transition between frames when you extend the duration of your clip. If you extend the duration of your clip with Frame Blending disabled, the new frames added are duplicates of existing frames. If you enable Frame Blending, new frames are created by blending adjacent frames together.

By the way, there is a REALLY GOOD built-in HELP Menu in Combustion... Jus' click "F1" and do a search for the keyword...

Keep combustin'

Jack
denmark

rushi
08-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Jack Pfeiffer

cire0321

Thank you

As per your view I changed the speed of it. Now i have 200 frames instade of 124 , but In main window i have only 124 frames.. How to change that..

Jack Pfeiffer
Ya it`s help is relly good.Every day i am doing it. Right now I am doing lesson 5 , So still long way to go for me.

dave

check the image
http://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=4313

gemcap
08-25-2003, 11:45 PM
If you're trying to change the overall composite length, you need to select the composite tool in the workspace, select 'output' in the tools, and change 'duration'.

If you have nested composites, you might have to do it more than once for the different compositors.

Hope that helps

rushi
08-26-2003, 07:40 PM
gemcap

Thanxs

That`s the thing which i was lookig for
Thank you,
Thanks a lot to all

dave

gemcap
08-26-2003, 08:32 PM
No sweat 3datri,

I got stuck on that for a while myself, sometimes the most basic things are the toughest to find in documentation.

rushi
08-26-2003, 09:23 PM
That`s funny pal :p

dave

MayaV
09-07-2003, 12:41 PM
hey atri

nice to c u here. this is the best place to put your probs. neways u can call me if u have probs :)

MayaV

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.