PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine Vs Chopper

AlexandroCastro
12-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi everybody.

I decided spend a few time on a very small animation test using Maya last week. I am a 3dsmax user since 2003 and lately am studying a bit of Maya cause I´m teaching animation in an animation school that use it. So I keep a freerig on the internet (by Michael Kiessling, I think) and start the animation four days ago. Once my skills are just for animating in Maya for while, I decided to export de geometry cache and complete the shot (environment, lightning, render) at 3dsmax before send the result to After Effects.

Well, the entire project took four days (10 houers day) and here is the final result. I hope you enjoy it, cause it was really fun to me.

Wolverine Vs Chopper - Final Result (http://www.alexandrocastro.com/blog/?p=73)

outrightmoviedude
12-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Is rigging/skinning a character better in maya as opposed to 3ds max? Are they both the same in your opinion? I've rigged characters in max using their normal bones and 3ds max CaT rig. I've never used Maya.

AlexandroCastro
12-22-2009, 08:32 PM
I´m not really a good rigger. I left behind my rigging studies a few time ago when I start to use lumonix puppetshop for 3dsmax. But all my friends says that maya is pretty more organized and flexible for rigging. But to be honestly I ever consider that these softwares have similar tools and once you choose those one wich have better workflow for you, nothing else matters. I still prefer 3dsmax at work, not because its better than maya in my option, but only because is the tool I know. So, answering your question, I dont believe that your work will increase just for migrate from one software to another. Just a opinion.

Rafa-el
12-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Sorry if this is an stupid question, but 4 days to animate it or to model, rig, texture, animate? either way amazing job man

AlexandroCastro
12-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks Rafa-el. No models by myself this time. The Wolverine texturized and rigged can be found free to download at Michael Kiessling´s site, I think it is his model. Akk those others militar models are also freemodels (the chopper have a very sinple rig made by me). I spent two day for the entire animation and two days more for the rest.

AlexandroCastro
12-22-2009, 09:25 PM
In case of someone prefer watch it at vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/8340266, I think the quality is better.

ajfrank
12-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Nice job. It'll been cool if you had Wolverine punch through the copter window and pull out a dude and maybe stab him or something. It'll give it more of a epic ending that way I think.

simyevil2010
12-24-2009, 06:28 AM
really good animation work but the textures hes need more work , the modeling by the chopper is very good but by the man hes need work bec the detalis is big & i think he is very big with the chopper ok

good luck 4 ever :thumbsup:

VideoCreative
12-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Well it has its holes but to have this done in a 4 days it looks great man. Good job!

Kindly
G

Micah-H
12-24-2009, 09:13 PM
just my humble opinion I thought the jump to the copter could have more weight and anticipation and you could tweak when his claws hit the blades, more of an impact.

CGTalk Moderation
12-24-2009, 09:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.