PDA

View Full Version : flash in mails

danydrunk
08-23-2003, 02:56 AM
does somebody knows how to send a flash movie in a mail??
so that when you open the mail the movie starts playing automaticly, without having to download the attached file to your computer???

Nicool
08-26-2003, 01:53 PM
In flash, setup your pubblish settings. Then press CTRL+F12 to show you flash in browser. It generates a HTML page with the *.swf integrated in. As you know, emails are mainly diplay by HTML.
> So, you can put the flash on a server (somewhere online) and change the path of the *.swf in the HTML page source. And use this page as the message of the mail. (problem : on online email checkers as maybe yahoomail (not on hotmail) the html mails are not display as the sender want) Did you understand right the main idea?

Reply me !
:beer:

danydrunk
08-28-2003, 06:40 AM
i downloaded a program called fast E delivery engine, it says you can send .swf in mails, i dont know if it will work...

but ill try your way if not

Virusescu
08-31-2003, 06:46 AM
If you don't want the flash plugin to be downloaded in order to view your flash... you'll have to create a projector and send your .exe as an attachement.
This adds to file size and few people will oppen it though... at least not without an antiviral scan... ;).. this of course if it dose not get deleted (if it's unssolicited).

Nicool's way... is the good way to do it ;), anyway:wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.