PDA

View Full Version : LOTR Films Re-Released

RobertoOrtiz
08-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Quote:
"New Line Cinema will re-release the first two Lord of the Rings movies, with additional scenes and footage, two weeks before the Dec. 17 premiere of the third installment, The Return of the King, Variety reported. New Line plans to put the film on 100-150 screens in the top 10 U.S. markets, the trade paper reported"

>>Link<< (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-08/22/09.00.film)

-R

j00st81
08-22-2003, 06:46 PM
So US only...

grrr :annoyed:

The Time Serpent
08-22-2003, 07:13 PM
YAY :scream: Canada included!:applause: :buttrock:

Goon
08-22-2003, 08:18 PM
we can see the extended version of each of the first two, and the third one in one sitting? 9+ hrs. wow

Ohhhh:drool: they'd better hand out calastomy bags tho.:D

Valkyrien
08-23-2003, 05:39 AM
v2...theaters....

/me faints:surprised

BiTMAP
08-23-2003, 06:13 AM
they should put the intermission in then :D specialy half way through it would hit right at the perfect spot :D

isnowboard
08-23-2003, 06:55 AM
And then the same thing will happen with the Matrix..........

TheGreenGiant
08-23-2003, 07:49 AM
sounds like a $$$$ making scheme. Smart but :shame:

wgreenlee1
08-23-2003, 07:57 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Valkyrien
08-23-2003, 09:01 AM
a friend of a friend of mine was already planning to rent a theater sometime next winter so he could run all 3 v2 films back-to-back...but i wouldn't have to pay for that, so bahahahaha@New Line:D

ambient-whisper
08-23-2003, 10:56 AM
best part is that ROTK will be on IMAX first day showing :D

Redf
08-23-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by ambient-whisper

:drool: :love: ................Can't wait.

ninjadodo
08-23-2003, 01:10 PM
I tend to find IMAX a tad bit overwhelming. It's a cool effect for an eyecandy film but I don't like it when I'm actually trying to watch something. It's like sitting too far to the front at the cinema because there weren't any other seats left.

MaDSheeP
08-23-2003, 01:13 PM
the problem is... the I Max projector is so huge, it only has the capacity for exactly 2 hours of film....

wouldn't that run into problems? or is that a problem that has already been solved?

ambient-whisper
08-23-2003, 01:16 PM
ROTK will be split with an intermission. but the full movie will be shown.
which is great because ROTK is supposed to be about 3 hours and 30 minutes. ( According to something i read over at theonering.net )

Nikodemus
08-23-2003, 03:47 PM
doesnt imax chop off some of the widescreen image tho :shrug: or they have to reformat it.. i cant remember

hypercube
08-23-2003, 06:56 PM
They have two options, they either pan&scan it (which they did with Star Wars Episode 2) or letterbox it (which they did with Matrix Reloaded)..both methods get complaints from varying percentages of the audience. :p

Either way it's awesome they're putting the first two back into theatres first..I am SO down for the Extended Edition marathon before going to ROTK..wooooo.

Boone
08-23-2003, 07:12 PM
7 hours sitting in a Cinema? Sounds totally stupid. Its okay for a convention or event where you can atleast move around - but for sitting in a chair for seven hours? There are serious health risks involved.

It happens on planes where passenger's blood doesn't flow through the body due to not moving for great lengths of time.

I recommend out of the interest of health that you guys don't seriously consider this.

:beer:

ambient-whisper
08-23-2003, 07:21 PM
obviousely there will be intermissions and time between movies..

Boone
08-23-2003, 08:13 PM
Re: ambient-whisper.

You'd need at least 30 minutes between each film...:curious:

MCronin
08-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Maybe you're overracting just a tad? You think that they're going to find a certain percentage of the audience dead in their seats after the show's over if they don't make them walk around for a half hour between films?:eek:

Maybe people need to sign waivers or something so the theaters can protect themselves if people have to have their legs or buttcheeks amputated due to the lack of blood flow.:p

You can get up and walk out of the theater and take a break, no need to wait for an intermission. Most people who'd go to something like this probably have seen these movies multiple times. I imagine they'd just wait for a slow part, and go take a break. There aren't armed guards at the doors usually. You can leave the theater and get back in if you hold on to your ticket.

BiTMAP
08-24-2003, 03:15 AM
ermmm, don't we all sit in a char that long for a modelling session ANYWAYS???

pft.

also I believe there are SOME imax screens which are wide, but wait, isn't the actual apature a more square one?? mm.. I hope its letterboxed. I'll prolly only see it in a normal High quality THX theater, then i'll go pay for it the actual theater ;) jk of course. See ya in the lines folks!

the best part of this is that for folks like me who arn't buying the DVD till the very end as a box set will be able to see the extended editions!

SheepFactory
08-24-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by ambient-whisper

And i'll be there watching it on the biggest IMAX screen on the west coast :D

hypercube
08-24-2003, 06:25 AM
7 hours is a lot of time in a chair? Try 14, or 24, with a couple of 5-10 min breaks..less RSI from popcorn too. :p

Of course maybe it IS affecting my health, but what the hey. :hmm:

It's still way less geeky than camping out for months to see star wars, eh? eh?

Boone
08-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Re: MCronin.

You've always got to be right - you can't be told wrong!

Besides, you're not going - your grounded!:wise:

Re: Bitmap.

You sit infront of your PC modelling for 7+ hours? You need to move around - not sitting and vegatating at your desk. I'm having words with your boss regarding health issues!:eek:

Re: Sheep factory.

And you most of all aren't going! You'll ruin your eyes staring at that giant screen - you're grounded as well!

BiTMAP
08-25-2003, 12:06 AM
boone, I do sit at my computer about that long when i have the chance, it IS inturuppted too much by my mom though. I'm at home learning and usualy relaxing. There isn't much else to do where i live, thats why i'm trying to get into scuplture.

Leesee
08-25-2003, 06:03 AM
6+ hours of these two great movies will feel like 1 hour compared to the rest of the movies out there.Watch them back to back,what better can one do.;) :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.