PDA

View Full Version : Tablet laptop

DanielWray
12-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Hey all,

I've been looking around for a fairly cheap (under 400/500) Tablet laptop, yet I've only managed to find a few from HP and some smaller Netbooks (I think from Asus) that have this feature.

I'd only be buying this machine to paint away from my desk (In/ At places where it's not practical to take art supplies), using MyPaint, Photoshop and a few other painting applications.

I'm not to fussed about pressure support, although it would be a huge bonus.

Any recommendations?

P.s. Any spec over 1GHz, 1GB, 30+ HDD and 12.1" screen.
:thumbsup:

josh247
12-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Hey Daniel
I don't know if you will be able to get a tablet laptop for that price with the capability to run photoshop for midrange resolution images. There is the Fujitsu LifeBook T4410 for 713 but its a bit over your budget and you would have to get it exported from the US (I presume you are not within the US). Another option would be to buy a half decent laptop and get a Bamboo or a small Intuos to go with it (As you know this is what I've embarked on). Would you just be doing quick sketches or detailed paintings?

tuna
12-21-2009, 12:29 AM
You will need to drop a fair bit to get a half decent TabletPC. Although the HP TouchSmart tx2z is pretty damn good value in your price range.

CGTalk Moderation
12-21-2009, 12:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.