PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious scaling problems

jengel
12-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi
I have begun using Zbrush in my work at the Natural History Museum of Denmark. I'm still very much a beginner - especially when it comes to exporting and rendering in other applications.

At the moment I have two problems using ZBrush 3.5

1. When i try to scale DOWN subtools - it don't work. I can move them around as I'm used to .... but when I try to scale, they will only scale bigger???? I did not have this problem when I used the previous version of ZBrush. What to do?

2. I would very much like to export my models to OBJ with polypainting. The models with the texture from the polypainting should be importable to XSI. I have tried A LOT of times .... but have not yet succeded! Could anyone please help me?

Thanks

J

pixolclay
12-22-2009, 06:01 PM
The scaling issue seems a little odd to me. What exactly are you doing to scale the model? There are several methods to go about this. One, if you want it to be scaled correctly and according to your XSI scene, ty exporting the high-res mesh into XSI, scale it to the right size and re-import into ZBrush. Then to get your lower subdiv leves go to Geometry -> Reconstruct Subdiv.

As far as the polypaint issure, make sure your model has UV's on it. Once you're ready to export go to the UV Map pulldown in Tool palette and select your UV Map size (ex. 4096), then go Texture pulldown in the Tool palette and select "New From Polypaint" then "Clone". Now when you export your OBJ, the texture should export with it. Otherwise, go to the texture palette on top and select the cloned texture, then export.

CGTalk Moderation
12-22-2009, 06:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.