HI all..
rough cut of my VFX compositing reel..
tracking, keying, roto, 3d.. etc...

www.citrica.com/mvfx.html

send some feedback!

Esteban

FloydBishop
08-22-2003, 07:15 PM
Very nice. I thought the pacing was great, and it was pretty straight forward as to what was adjusted in each shot.

The only part I didn't get on first viewing was the guy who was running near the airplane. It was a bit hard to see on first pass what was altered in the shot.

mehdianim
08-22-2003, 08:57 PM
For your reel I'd say overall it looks prett good. In the shot with the blonde dancing on the beach, the real sky looks more fitting than the one you composited. But then I'm sure they had extra lights on the beach anyway so it's the lighting looks off to begin with...
Then the shot with the glass blowing out of the buildings. I'd have liked to see more glass - but then this resolution is not ideal for that kind of shot. But something like a cloud of fragged glass to give it more power would help. Right now It seems there's only one type of debris which is the medium size glass fragments. When you'd really have a cloud of dust and glass powder, different size pieces that would fly at different distances. And some big pieces that would crumble at the end. This looks a little too clean right now.

It's funny to have pointed out all this work that goes unnoticed. Like the Beauty mark on the girl's leg. Why does everything have to be so perfect that even a beauty mark is not tolerated... just throwing that out for thought...

Tuqui-tuqui
08-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey Esteban! Would love to see your reel, but IE/Quicktime keep giving me this error:

"This page provides potentially unsafe information to an ActiveX control. Your current security settings prohibit running controls in this manner. As a result, this page may not display properly."

Anyone know what the problem is?

And you're a fellow compositing artist in Miami? I'm at MIU right now. Let's get in contact! Send me a PM so we can talk! :thumbsup:

emora
08-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Thanks all for the reply..

mehdianim: yes the particles need more detail, but as you pointed out the resolution doesnt help, the actual full frame has more debris but still needs more elements...
the skys were so washed out that the director decided to make them kinf surreal......

Tuqui-tuqui:
this sounds like problem with your quicktime within explorer.. try updating your quicktime, since IE, takes it as plug-in... if still doesnt work... tell me...

Floyd:
that is a small kind of triky rotoscope.. removing the logo from the tail of the airplane.. over night emergency after the video was in online stage..

Tuqui-tuqui
08-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Nevermind, I opened it in Netscape.

So, where exactly do you plan on going with this? And what appz did you use?

Like mehdianim said, would have loved to have seen different types of shards and clouds. Also, when the glass comes down, it should collide with the building. But of course, that is only detail.

Good luck!!! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.