PDA

View Full Version : Control Values on a "per pixel" basis

Robert Zeltsch
08-22-2003, 01:21 PM
Hello everyone,

I`m new to DFX+ too - like many other users here.
... and I have a question. ;)

How can I control a slider value (for example "blur size" in the Blur Tool) on a "per pixel basis" by usage an underlying greyscale image.

An "verbal-expression"in the image]=[Blur Size from Slider]*[value of the greyscale image]

With this I could vary the blur size over the image. My first try was to apply a bitmap mask to control the blur. But with this way I can only BLEND a constant Blur into the image. So it looks like a blurred one is blended by a mask over the original image. That is not what I wanted. :hmm:

Can anyone help me?

(I`m using modules 1 and 4)

Thank you!!

RealThing
08-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Ok this is a complete shot in the dark since I don't know an easy way to do this. But this may work. Use a channel boolean to copy the luminance of your image for blur size and copy it into the z channel of your image to be blurred. Then use a depth blur node to do the blurring.

RealThing
08-22-2003, 03:58 PM
Wow I just tried it and it works. You have to play with the depth scale a bit but it worked.

Robert Zeltsch
08-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Hey cool! Thank you. I`ve just tried it and it works fine.

:thumbsup:

You have solved a problem I had for a long time. Outstanding trick... :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.