PDA

View Full Version : modeling method (moving vertex)

lewissatini
12-14-2009, 05:54 PM
I have a lot of issue in modeling especially when come to move point or vertex. it Makes model messy. I try to model the detail but I can't make it looks what i want. it's very difficult to control the vertex.
I am very welcome to any opinion or suggestion

Thanks

Psyk0
12-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Your question is a bit vague...

Work with fewer polygons at first and depending on which tools you have access to, using zbrush/mudbox to smooth out a dense mesh is faster than a traditional 3D package. A localized relax modifier is also useful.

SeanJM
12-14-2009, 06:50 PM
This is my workflow: http://www.seanjmacisaac.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=17

Then you would any application you want to resurface it, Topogun is pretty good. Blender itself also has some resurfacing tools, although they suck.

lewissatini
12-15-2009, 01:01 PM
it is hard for hard-surface, organic it's no problem for me. I only find this matter when i go to detailing hard surface. I can't get the transform work for me. Does anyone know how to rotate pivot of particular element (e.g. face or vertex or edge) to particular direction? and also rotate the pivot for rotation?

Thank you
It will be help if you can help me with this

SeanJM
12-15-2009, 01:27 PM
That totally depends what application you use. But hard surfaces are usually kept fairly low poly compared to organic models.

Try keeping your geometry simpler and relying more on subdivision surfaces.

CGTalk Moderation
12-15-2009, 01:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.