PDA

View Full Version : character:geisha

H3rbie
08-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Lo all!

Heres a wip of a geisha im modeling after working hours. Im uing Softimage|XSI for this. She is meant to be presenting my reel when I graduate from college later this year.

IMAGE (http://www.3dluvr.com/h3rbie/g.jpg)

So far I think ive spent about 10 hours on her and I'm not sure if Im going to model the whole body or not yet since the animation will focuse, i think, only on her head.

Comemnts are welcomed!

--will add wireframes later tonite as I dont have access to the right machine now--

ukyo
08-31-2003, 09:41 AM
is she chinese or japanese or korean, he nose seems more mainland than it should be for a japanese person.

i ask this because its important for the eyes which are way to small. your eyes are the length of the base of your nose or you nose is as wide as your eyes length.

also i would make her neck a little leanr at the base. and her chin is a little long. the distance from the base of the nose to the chin should be the same distance from base of nose to the bridge of the nose.

and the lips seem a little wide i would bring them in a bit. the corners look like they are falling under the middle of the eye and thats to far, they should land between the corner of the eye and the pupil.

its looking nice though, and her hair peice is really nice and detialed. i think if u fix those anatomy issues itll be a fine looking model. there a great book called drawing the human head by burne hogarth i highly recomend it. i learned TONS from it. cant wait to see the updates and textures!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.