PDA

View Full Version : Offset object's animation?

HannesJ
12-14-2009, 10:20 AM
As the title said: is it possible to offset the animation of imported animated objects in the timeline, so that the instances don't move simultaneously?
Let's say I have a walking character in a population. It would be fine to offset the instances randomly to have some natural variation.

teruchan
12-15-2009, 04:21 PM
The best thing you can do is create multiple versions of the instanced figure, each with a different offset. It will make the EcoSystem bigger, but you won't get a bigger render hit. Each version you load into your EcoSystem should have a different offset to the animation.

HannesJ
12-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Thank you for the tip! That's what I did, but even if I used 20 different instances of a walking character with offset walking cycles, you could see that there are groups with exactly the same animation. I don't expect Vue to be like Massive, but a little randomness in the animation could add a lot of reality into the final result.

teruchan
12-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Thank you for the tip! That's what I did, but even if I used 20 different instances of a walking character with offset walking cycles, you could see that there are groups with exactly the same animation. I don't expect Vue to be like Massive, but a little randomness in the animation could add a lot of reality into the final result.

That might be a feature request to make in the E-On forums. Having a random offset to the instance's animation in the EcoSystem panel would be ideal! It would be cool if it were like most particle systems with the option to play once, loop, random offset & Loop etc.

CGTalk Moderation
12-20-2009, 02:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.