PDA

View Full Version : Hl2 Modification - Artists Needed

poisonspider
08-22-2003, 06:12 AM
I am creating a futuristic Half-Life2 Modification
I have a team of 10 people so far, but am in need of artists
If you would like to help or for more INFORMATION about the mod please contact me on one of these messangers:

Aim: poisonspider35
Msn: spencer@travel-net.com

thanks,
Spencer

TheNeverman
08-23-2003, 05:02 PM
So what are you and your 10 person team gonna do till the game comes out? (Not to mention till the tools are released for even creating content)

n8

X-WARRIOR
08-24-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by TheNeverman
So what are you and your 10 person team gonna do till the game comes out? (Not to mention till the tools are released for even creating content)

n8

Well, they can prepare the story, do concept art and start modelling..there will surely be some tool to convert the model... And the game come out in decemeber I think..not that far..

TheNeverman
08-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Valve has given no assurance the game will ship this year.

=(
n8

[Shy]Electrico
08-26-2003, 01:09 AM
They have, many a time.

svc
08-31-2003, 11:32 PM
This poisonspider kid is really getting on my nerves.
Here is his history.

Original Thread

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79844

Search of posts by user

http://www.cgtalk.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=630238&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Moderators?

Poisonspider I dont know who the hell you think you are or why you think you can just come in here and take all this talent away from others(whom have yet to post for timing reasons) but your about to fail miserably when they realize you have no clue what your doing. 10 people? suckers..

You people have no idea just how many mods fail because they are organized and directed by ignorant people - whom think they have this ub3r story or idea, so in most cases thats all they have... How many good HL1 mods are there out of 500+ ? 2 or 3 at the most. That actually applies not only to mods but the entire game industry, except in this case you will be completely ignored/unknown And go unpaid.

With that said, Im sure in the near future other more promising mods will make themselves known so dont all jump on the idiot bandwagon. That would really suck to make a game for 1+ year and it turns out shit.. Common sense will save you time and time again.

Poisonspider what is Your role in the mod, what is Your experience or skills? Try not to sound like your lieing too much when you reply...

CGmonkey
09-02-2003, 06:33 PM
svc - is this some kind of witchhunt? And if you don't try, you can't succeed.. I mean.. Lay back that know-it-all attitude and give the kid a chance. Even though it might not be a huge mod, the developing of it can be a fun process. But then again, all you can think of is fame and glory.. I see.

svc
09-03-2003, 05:26 AM
He would have continued to post new thread after new thread and its getting old so ya I have a problem with it, why are you defending him and attacking me? You must work for a bulk emailing company in your spare time to have such an affection for spammers. Any case I think there are people who would appreciate me um, profiling him for a lack of better word so they can make an educated guess whether to join or not.

Needless to say anyone can assume the role of anyone online, a project leader of a mod team is no easy task left for amatuers and it would be disrespectful to the people you recruited to not live up to your status as leader and organize and deliver a assembled product of created assets. So hey if you want to go work for some noob then good luck. Dont start on me cause I warned ya. 10 people joined him though, 10 people who will be bitter in the near future because they joined a team, realize they cant join another at that time because positions are full, thank you very much I am mr know it all and if you have any questions feel free to ask, Ill be on my way now so dont bother with a spirited reply it will go unnoticed. Peace.

TseTse
09-03-2003, 10:35 AM
if you have such a problem with this guy (i dont know why) or the project, and are angry about this project getting attention... then realize that posting here merely bumps it and takes away from a ton of others on here...

i have NO idea why some of these threads have people following up, while others get 0 response.

very interesting...

perhaps i need to start a flame war on my "request feedback and looking for team members" thread... :rolleyes:

Strang
09-07-2003, 07:42 PM
what is your problem with him svc? this is a public forum and he wants to get his idea out and a group together. how can anyone ever judge someone elses motivation? just skip his threads that he starts, dont reply to them. when the mods decide to delete or close the thread they will.

yes your assumption that he may not know what to expect is obvious, he may be niave, but your totally ignorant and close minded opinion just saddens me.

If you yourself would like to post your experience or skills so that we may better appreciate your criticism, that would be nice idea. cause right now your just another member.

btw let them learn, the hard way, whichever it may be maybe you should give him or the team advice instead of shutting him down. of course only if you have any experience to be giving advice in the first place.

last but not least, this isnt attacking you svc this is reasoning...

-Strang

TheNeverman
09-14-2003, 04:26 PM
Need I remind you guys the original Half-Life was delayed an entire year?

;)
n8

[CA]cerberus
09-15-2003, 06:40 AM
well, not to add legitimacy to this guys mod, but hl2 will be out much sooner then you think. For a while there was enough rumors(and valves publisher talking its mouth off) made it certain to me that hl2 was going to be released this november. Then valve finally spoke, and they said its still, no exception, coming out this september 30th. While many will believe it when they see it, at this point I trust their word. Not that I want it out this quickly, infact because it seemed to be coming out sooner then expected I had to increase the team size.

TheNeverman
09-24-2003, 05:40 AM
oh.... hmmmm........HL2 has been delayed....
told you so...

n8

Garma
09-24-2003, 11:43 AM
Ey svc you have NO idea how much fun it is to collaborate in such a project. Did it myself once. Of course it wasn't a big hit but well, it's like modelling, you can show the world what you can do, you have something to be proud of (eventually). The whole process of creating characters how you like it, creating mood, designing a stunning storyline (we did an adventure game), tuning the gameplay and special effects, designing dialogs, etc, etc. rocks! it's real fun!

When you collaborate in a project like this you should know the facts you stated and accept them. I agree with you about the spamming thing though. One thread should be enough.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.