PDA

View Full Version : Max IK problem

bjparch
08-22-2003, 05:31 AM
I have a bone set-up with the legs being IK with dummy objects to control the IK. The original animation was set for 300 frames. When I got around to finishing it, 300 was not enough so I extended it to 450 frames. Now at frame 300, both dummy objects detach themselves from the legs and go on their own.

I checked the IK window for the dummy objects and the end time is set correctly for 450 frames. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, using Max 5.1.

FatAssasin
08-23-2003, 01:53 AM
I wish I knew what was going on. I've seem something similar with Custom Attributes, where they're only active for the duration of time that is displayed on the timeline. To change it you have to go into the Track View Editor and drag out the end key for the that particular CA. Are you using a Link Controller or any fancy wiring? Anything that might be out of the ordinary?

I kind of don't understand what you mean by using a dummy for the IK. You mean the point helper that gets created when you apply IK? Or did you make a seperate dummy and link that to the IK Goal?

bjparch
08-23-2003, 06:06 AM
The dummy is connected to the link so I can manipulate the dummy to animate the leg.

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/bjp/images/ik1.JPG
This is how the dummy works in the beginning of the animation

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/bjp/images/ik2.JPG
After frame 300, the dummy disconnects from the link and goes off on it's own.

plunq
08-25-2003, 07:32 PM
bjparch: From your jpg's it looks like you are using HD Solvers for your IK (shame on you). If that's the case you will need to select the bone that has the IK end effector attached to it and under the "Solution:" tab change the End Time to the full lenght of your animation. Hope that helps, although if you used the HI Solver you wouldn't have that problem and it would speed up your animating quite a bit.

bjparch
08-26-2003, 02:33 PM
That worked. Thanks alot. :applause: :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.