PDA

View Full Version : Creating Influences to grass?

RabidChocobo
12-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Hello, im using Maya 2010, and all the new tools up from '09 are a bit overwhelming, so i decided to play with some of the fur tools. I was wondering if there's a way to make influences to, or make an object manipulate the grass. Sorry if this has been discussed already :3

Edit: I just did some research and found out some stuff about attractors? Can anyone point me in the direction of a brief tutorial for fur attractors?
Also, on the Autodesk website, (That pdf page with like 1000 pages of the manual) they said it was possible to keyframe fur settings such as length, and i have been unable to do so by simple "S-Keying." So how do i go about animating those?

dax3d
12-12-2009, 12:44 AM
The docs have pretty good overview of fur attractors I believe. Should get you started.
You could also try hair as grass as well, I don't think I've used the fur method myself (not saying don't..just different methods).

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2009, 12:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.