PDA

View Full Version : Problem with particle instancer

avillabon
12-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I am trying to add 3 pieces of geometry to the particle instancer...

I found this post:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=86&t=579848&highlight=particle+instance

I created the randIndexPP attr, (data type Vector and Attribute Type Per Particle).

I can see that in the attribute editor, under Per Particle Array Attributes the Rand Index PP is there. I right click it and write a creation expression for it (particleShape1.randIndexPP = rand(0,2.9);) I understand that under ParticleShape1 instancer i have to change the Object Index from "None" to "randIndexPP", the problem is that it doesnt appear there... What am i doing wrong? I tried starting the scene from scratch and have the same problem.

Ideas?

Alex

Wick3dParticle
12-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Hey Alex,

From what I'm reading in your post, I believe that the reason it is not appearing in the Index's attributes is because of the data type. Object index is an integer. To assign a value to it, create indexPP as a float type, not vector.

Hope that helps,

~Ilan

avillabon
12-11-2009, 06:40 PM
yup! thats it!

thanks Ilan!

Alex

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2009, 06:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.