PDA

View Full Version : Max(Mental ray)+ Vue , is there a way to ..

freelancercg
12-10-2009, 06:18 PM
is tehre a way to render a bigger scene inside 3ds max2009 with mental ray ( i am not sure the native render engine can be used or not with 3ds max ) but when i render some more trees or when i render a higher rez image the max crashes .. is it only for lack of ram ? i have only 3GB though and a quadcore processor .. this is the highest trees i can use with this resolution ... how can i use more trees http://i49.tinypic.com/2e5o8xt.jpg

InfernalDarkness
12-11-2009, 02:04 AM
The best and most important upgrade you can make as a CG artist is to make the jump to 64-bit, both in your OS and in your applications. As it stands, your setup will only let Max use up to 1.5GB of RAM. In x64, you will not have this limitation. Even if you keep the same RAM in your computer you'll be able to use whatever Windows doesn't use, so at least 3GB.

Another option for you is to use proxies and instancing. Even in 32-bit, you can pull billions of polys using proxies/instances. How you would integrate Max's instancing with Vue's is another question entirely... But it would appear that Vue isn't using instances inside Max.

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2009, 02:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.