PDA

View Full Version : artificial ----- design image

JoBbE
01-15-2002, 05:46 PM
hi there. this is my first attempt on creating a 2d design image and I have to say I'm happy about it. what do you think?
http://www.jmeng.de/2dart/artificial.jpg

JoBbE
01-16-2002, 11:35 AM
no comments guys?

floatingrunner
01-17-2002, 08:40 PM
i like the layout.... was thinking of more lines for the graphic type look... then again, it might be too messy.

good job (was wondering why no one replied)

little too empty at the bottom.. maybe some words to balance the pic out

keep up the good work.

joe_snow_jr
01-18-2002, 12:46 AM
i think its nice.
i like blue.
could use a tad more activity tho.
but i likes

joe

JoBbE
01-18-2002, 07:33 AM
ahh finally some replies ;)
thank you guys, I'll try to make that better in my next image which will definately come! :)

sigma
01-18-2002, 07:48 AM
Nice design JoBbE. I like the layers
:)

parallax
01-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Nice concept, but IMO its too cluttered. (from a compositional standpoint)
Lose the upper-left and lower-left parts. I think its just too much.
I really like the right part of the image better. :D

sigma
01-18-2002, 09:03 AM
true. maybe too many circuit boards, or too visible?

JoBbE
01-18-2002, 09:04 AM
hm... maybe you're right.. you know I don't really have experience in this field ;)

well does somebody know some (online) resources where you can find some general info on compositing ie how you should assemble an image so it looks good?
I have some basic knowledge but I'd like to know more
...must...have..more...uahhh :D

meloncully
01-18-2002, 05:52 PM
I like it a lot. Nice colors.

How would you go about making something like that? I mean that in a good way. And is there any tutorials on that?

What program did u use?

p.s. keep up the work.
________
meloncully

JoBbE
01-19-2002, 07:34 AM
thx meloncully!
well here's how I did that:
first I had the theme of my image- artificial
the 'art' was supposed to be somehow different to the 'ificial' to underline the ambiguity (I like puns you know ;) )
then I thought about what should be visible on this image and so I searched for some images that represent artificial
well then I converted em to monochrome and put them on a dark blue bg (in gimp)
then I added some layers to get the color (using noise and gradients) and those bars
well
in general that's it
ok, I added the text
hth

floatingrunner
01-20-2002, 05:01 PM
i used to know how to make "those-type" of pics...

but i haven't done that in a while.
i do know someone who has several of pics in that type of format if that's what you want. i'll look around a bit and tell you

well, from my experience, more rounded pics. try to make them yorself. and if there are pics availiable in the background for layers, try not to let ppl see the edges of the pic (if place off side)
stick to one color and try to stick with the theme on whatever you are doing. and leave out the details. as it will get too messy

sometimes effects like blur (motion blur esp) does the trick. but don't over do it.

that's MHO anyway :D

good luck, hope to see more

JoBbE
01-20-2002, 07:19 PM
thx for the hints!

meloncully
01-21-2002, 12:23 AM
oh, and i was just wondering where you would even find pictures like the ones you used, like, what names did you use to search for them?

________
meloncully

JoBbE
01-21-2002, 01:28 PM
try images.google.com , you'll find alot!
I searched for 'Schaltkreise', it's a german word .. I don't know how to translate it, my dictionary is too small ;)
but it's closely related to computers, so I took that and I found really much useful material.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.