PDA

View Full Version : how to: lock render view?

designingpatrick
12-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I'd like to lock the render view to the camera, but every time I render, after changing the setting to camera and altering the perspective viewport, the render comes from the perspective point of view.

I removed perspective from the render settings renderable cameras and added the camera, but the results haven't changed.

Emil3d
12-09-2009, 08:33 PM
If you click the render button on the status bar, Render View will render the current or last active camera panel (the one with the blue outline). If the current or last panel was not camera view, for example UV Editor, Maya will prompt you to select a camera viewport to render. If you keep the Render View opened or open it by clicking Open Render View button on the status bar (that was added in the newer versions) or open it from the Windows menu, the Render view will render from the same camera the previous rendering was made when you press the Render Button in the Render View window.
In any case when the Render View is open right clicking on its Render Button lets you choose to render from any camera in the scene.

The renderable camera settings in the camera node that can also be set using Render Settings (Globals) has no effect on Render View renderer but is used to control the Batch Renderer.

CGTalk Moderation
12-09-2009, 08:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.