PDA

View Full Version : DELGO gets distribution

FClub_TDurden
08-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Looks like Fathom Studios DELGO finally got distribution.....

http://www.mylovehewitt.com/mylovemovies/delgo.htm

Willywo
08-21-2003, 08:45 PM
Always had interest in this.Thanks.:beer:

baldybaby
08-21-2003, 08:48 PM
Am I the only one who thinks theres something creepy about the design of these characters?

Theres something unatractive about them. Zero charm perhaps?

BB

FloydBishop
08-21-2003, 08:52 PM
I read that they soon hope to sign the hero's voice talent. Umm... what are they animating to?

Trying to ADR the voice later may not be a great solution. I was on a feature film project where some of the dialogue (maybe three sequences) was ADR-ed later on, and 95% of the time, we had to go back into it and reanimate the lipsync because it was off.

PhilOsirus
08-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Well I doubt that since I saw the trailer and the hero spoke. It looked great, I am just not sure anything unlike what has already been a hit can be one right now.

FClub_TDurden
08-21-2003, 09:44 PM
According to animated-movies....that LoveHewitt page was just a rumor.....

http://animated-movies.squareworld.com/News.html

Paramount NOT to Distribute Delgo
Fathom Studios denied the rumor that it inked a distribution deal with Paramount --no decision has been made at this point.

Shade01
08-21-2003, 09:51 PM
I wish them luck but I think this movie will not do well. Those characters are pretty unappealing and downright creepy.

Nicodemus
08-21-2003, 10:43 PM
I wish them well and I have to say I like the design and feel of what I have seen so far. Nothing wrong with them trying to go a different direction especially since it looks really good.

With regards to the characters 'feeling' strange I think that can be attributed to the fact that they have a slightly reptilian feel to them. There features seem not quite finished......reminds me of the guy from the Deep Space Nine series, the one that could change shape. For some reason he always creeped me out a bit. Still.....I see alot of potential for this film and wish thme all the luck in the world. I for one will probably see it when it comes out if for no other reason than to support cg films.

~L~

BoydLake
08-22-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Shade01
I wish them luck but I think this movie will not do well. Those characters are pretty unappealing and downright creepy.

I don't really dig the characters at first look, but you cannot really tell how they will read until they are animated. Frankly, I didn't care for the first few images I saw of Bart Simpson, but I'm a great fan of that show. I think overall, Delgo looks promising. Good luck to 'em I say!

igorstshirts
08-22-2003, 12:43 AM
There is a full trailer on the site at the very top... Great work, but I too agree... Something about those characters...

flipnap
08-22-2003, 09:26 AM
Problem with the evolution of this film is that it has been in the works for sooo long and you can see the differences between the earlier attempts and the current ones.. Im worried about consistency and continuity.. Also, the main character looks uncannily a lot like the owner.. whatever, best wishes. I would never conscioulsy wish for any one to fail.

FloydBishop
08-22-2003, 05:58 PM
I know there is no theatrical release date for Delgo yet, but does anyone know when production is supposed to finish?

FClub_TDurden
08-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Well from last I knew......at there current pace of 13 secs of animation a week....they were going to get done with that part round spring/summer next year....then however long it takes for rendering/lighitng....which can change alot based on there renderfarm size.....

but Id say it would be done by fall next year....so little over a year or so....

release date is another issued depending upon distribution and marketing like toys and stuff like that which typically takes 1 full year when you secure distribution...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.