PDA

View Full Version : caustics in lightwave 7

krull
05-18-2002, 10:20 PM
does anyone know were I can find a good tutorial on caustics?
most of the ones I checked out dont give me that much information.

Mattoo
05-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Most tuts show up at Flay.com eventually, you might have some luck there. To be honest though...... why do you need a tut, there's literally 3 options and they're pretty obvious what they mean. They only affect the quality/accuracy so it's not like you can do a lot to change the look.

leigh
05-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Yeah, the reference manual describes what each caustic setting does, so it's really quite straightforward.
Just read your manual, and then play around a bit. That's what I always do when I encounter something new. I try and see what I can do with it, and if after a few days I still can't figure it out, only then do I try looking for a tutorial...
Caustics are pretty straightforward really. You switch them on, and then you play around with your lights, and then you will see what the outcome is! :bounce:

krull
05-20-2002, 05:56 PM
Thats the problem, since there arent really that many options, if the render doesn't come out the way you want it to, its harder to mess around with it. I have this shiny glass vase and when I render it the caustics show up but it doesn't have that realistic looking effect, like all the tiny little specks of light hitting the ground I attached an example.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.