PDA

View Full Version : The Turtle King - Final Project for 2009

McCartneyChris
12-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey Everyone ! Well here it is ive finally completed The Turtle King Project for 2009 , it has been a long hard road the past couple of months and it has been an awesome experience through and through , Id like to thank everyone for all the awesome feedback and comments that i've had during this process and im really excited to see where the long road ahead takes me.

Thanks again and enjoy
Christopher McCartney

The Turtle King Project 2009 Reel
Vimeo : http://www.vimeo.com/8072190

williamslijp
12-11-2009, 08:15 AM
great model,
I think your can add some reflectivity in water, :cool:

TwiiK
12-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Awesome. I kept waiting for something to happen, but it was spectacular nonetheless. :)

I liked the turtle, but the scene was amazing. The water looked fantastic... ahh, the scene is actual footage? It looked so realistic, but cg, at the same time. :p

As for the last reply the turtle is clearly reflecting in the water.

MugenTsukiyomi
12-11-2009, 03:53 PM
That was amazing!

zoo-prod
12-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Very good integration.
Animation is very simple, but it's not the purpose anyway...
Just a note, I think that you could integrate it a bit more, the shell is still a bit sharp in front of the white foam, you could just bring back a bit more highlights there.

Remember me NZ, so cool vegetation !

McCartneyChris
12-12-2009, 04:04 AM
@ TwiiK : Haha yeah you know i've had so many people say that and now i can actually see what they mean , i wish i had made him dive into the water or something but so glad that you were impressed by him regardless :D Hahaha yeah the scene was a live plate that i shot using a Sony HD Handycam + tripod down at the Whangarei Falls , I modelled the ground plane for the water so i could cast reflections, and the rock that the turtle was standing on to cast the shadows & warp abit as they traveled over it. Or i could just say i moddled the entire background plate ^_^ lol Thanks a lot man really appreciate it

@ MugenTsukiyomi : Thank you ! ^_^

@ zoo-prod : Yeah the shell integration with the background was really tricky hey , it was quite hard to blend him in having that water so blown out behind him , ill give it a go and see if i can blend him in some more =) Thanks for your reply

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2009, 04:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.