PDA

View Full Version : vertex-location-script (round on/off)

Xaya
08-21-2003, 07:44 PM
well i do some buildings for a online game at the moment,
i work with 3ds max 5,

a really problem is that the location of vertexes "move" secretly although they shouldn´t...

my question:

is there a scrpit/plugin that rounds the location of vertexes off or on
(e.g. 14,834 to 15 ; 9,86 to 10 and so on....)
whould be a great help.......

Xaya

malkavian2003
09-09-2003, 09:56 PM
why not use the 3d snap option? or even put the values in manually?
this is game art. how many verts do you need to do...

Kramsurfer
09-19-2003, 12:23 AM
Do you need that on editable meshs or editable polys?

Round in X,Y, and Z?

Are you using the "set key" button in max 5? If so, Don't. It sends verts all over the place.

Keith Morrison
focus360.com

magicm
09-19-2003, 02:02 AM
there's a roundTo function hidden somewhere in a shipped maxscript. search this word (from the rootfolder of max) and you'll probably find it..

good luck
Martijn

Xaya
09-19-2003, 04:31 PM
thank you for replies and solutions...

i will search for that script next time... :thumbsup:

CarlosA
09-24-2003, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Kramsurfer
Do you need that on editable meshs or editable polys?

Round in X,Y, and Z?

Are you using the "set key" button in max 5? If so, Don't. It sends verts all over the place.

Keith Morrison
focus360.com

this only happens if you have a vertecy selection in subobject mode, and it only happens to editable poly to fix it simply go to your editable poly vertex level and make sure no vertecies are selected.
if you need vertecies selected for what you are doing trought an edit mesh on the stack and use that to select.
if you loose crease on your edges reaply them on the meshsmooth edge level.

flying verts are a problem in 5.1 and up, discreet has simply ignored it, oh well.

Kramsurfer
09-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Thanks for that insite, I've just been avoiding the whole set key thing all together, but now I know how it "works", i can think about using it again...

Discreet prefers to call things like this a max 5.1 feature in their readme file...

Keith Morrison

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.