PDA

View Full Version : Seeking artists for 90 min animated film!

Sleepius
12-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Hey everyone! I am seeking volunteer artists of all kinds for a non paying project I am putting together. It will be a sci fi animation with a lot of influence from Star Trek. My ultimate goal with this project is to create a full feature length animation with the quality of RE: Degeneration, or FF Advent Children. Upon completion of the Animation, it will be submitted into several film festivals so that it can get out there. There is no time restraints for the project, so everyone is free to work at their own pace.

I know everyone is out there seeking paying gigs, but as I have recently finished college myself, I am unable to pay you for your work. However, any work you have done for the project, you are free and encouraged to include it in your demo reels. Everyone will also receive a copy of the animation as well! My ultimate goal, besides putting out a great film, is to assist everyone in adding more pieces to their reels, as well as help get exposure for their work.

Summary of film: The basic story line for the film is that the human race has begun exploring the galaxy. It takes place far in the future, and will focus mainly on the crew of the T.S.S. Poseidon. They begin their maiden voyage to test out the battle efficiency of a new type of ship. During their tests A ship is attacked by an unknown vicious species that is determined to eliminate all life from the galaxy.

If you are interested in being a part of this project or have any questions, feel free to PM me on here, or contact me at NajumAnwar@gmail.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/NajumAnwar@gmail.com). If interested, please let me know what area you would like to work on: modeling, animation, rigging, Special FX, concept art,etc... Please also include samples of your work, so I can have a better idea of your abilities.

This is a great way to strengthen your reel, as well as gain exposure for your work!

ninject
12-07-2009, 10:24 PM
.........L O L.

Hordak
12-07-2009, 10:28 PM
No offense but maybe you should start with something a little less ambitious.. Like a 5 minute movie.. Do you have any kind of funding? Good luck, I think you'll need it.

MaxBickley
12-07-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't believe it's possible to render even 30 minutes of full frame CG without a budget. I'm with Hordak, set your bar lower, if you can make a promising 5 minute short then you'll likely get more people on board for 90 minutes.

Kirt
12-07-2009, 10:54 PM
If you were to complete a 30-60 second proof of concept with your collab team you would be able to count yourself as one of the 'lucky', 'dedicated' or 'few' to finish something with the collab method. It doesn't happen as easily as your ambitions seem to indicate.

As one who has "been there, done that" and has been FL here on CGTalk's Collab forum as long as it's been around I have to tell you to start small and see how that works first. No one here is going to take your fresh out of college, wide-eyed ambivalent optimism seriously (as evident by the first couple of posts here).

I hate to have to be the one who rains on your parade, but your posts should serve as an example of how not to ask for help with a collab project. Not only did you post to the wrong forum, but you ask blindly without offering any information as to what you are bringing to the table. No one wants to work with someone who isn't prepared to do their homework, lead by example or share what they have done already.

Sorry, but it has to be said. Too many naive artists go this route without the slightest understanding of what's involved. If you had done any research into the collab process you'd have already realized all of what I'm telling you to be true.

Sleepius
12-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! I know you guys didn't want to "rain on my parade", but I am glad you did. It is giving me a lot to think about.

leonlabyk
12-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I would offer you my services if you are able to provide concept art and a realistic outline and schedule for your project.

All the best and good luck,

Leon

stooch
12-16-2009, 12:33 AM
best way to go about it is a proper story board or better - an animatic - that is badass enough to inspire people (and producers) with your vision. if you cant do that with an animatic/concept art, then dont bother with CG.

CGIPadawan
12-16-2009, 01:56 AM
Well you could use a few re-writes... the opening vignette sounds like it borrows from STAR TREK The Motion Picture and STAR TREK Generations.....

What's this story REALLY about?

aqua9
12-16-2009, 11:11 AM
I totally agree with Kirt what all he said is true.
if u r able to produce a 60 secs to 5 mins short in a collab, then u can definitely try for longer ones, first u just see how the collab works out with a small short, and based on the kind of out put u get and the time it takes to pull everyone in everytime and get the things done whoa ........ its not that easy .... im saying this out of my own experience i had just to produce a 2-3mins short.
Believe me u must start with something small to get to know where u stand and to judge urself.
I would be glad to join u if u r having any plans to make a short or if u can give me a clear vision about ur 90 mins film

softdistortion
12-16-2009, 04:45 PM
MOVED> http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=73&t=836126

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2009, 04:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.