PDA

View Full Version : prism photon Shader setup

artology132
12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
hi . i am just downloaded the "prism_photon 1.0.0" shader and i had some troubles in setup it at the last part .........

Maya Installation:

Copy prism_photon.mi to the /Mayax.x/mentalray/include directory.

Copy prism_photon.dll to the /Mayax.x/mentalray/lib directory.

Add to your maya.rayrc file the lines

link "{MAYABASE}/lib/prism_photon.{DSO}"

mi "{MAYABASE}/include/prism_photon.mi"

after similar declarations.

The shader will show up in the mental ray Photonic Materials tab.

so if anyone know where exactly to write this 2 lines

link "{MAYABASE}/lib/prism_photon.{DSO}"

mi "{MAYABASE}/include/prism_photon.mi"

in maya.rayrc file

thanks

Hany Allam

pix3lm0nk
12-08-2009, 07:17 PM
if I remember correctly, just place them underneath the existing link and mi entries in that file. I haven't touched the maya.rayrc for a couple versions at least.

phix314
12-08-2009, 10:04 PM
if I remember correctly, just place them underneath the existing link and mi entries in that file. I haven't touched the maya.rayrc for a couple versions at least.

Same. Far as I know, Maya picks up new nodes automatically.

pix3lm0nk
12-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Same. Far as I know, Maya picks up new nodes automatically.

yeah but back in like maybe 8.5 or so we had to add them. I know it's been a while. I didn't bother asking which version of Maya he's running :)

phix314
12-09-2009, 12:29 AM
yeah but back in like maybe 8.5 or so we had to add them. I know it's been a while. I didn't bother asking which version of Maya he's running :)

We'll just assume it's 8.5+ ;)

artology132
12-10-2009, 02:21 PM
thx guys for reply , so i did that now but i got another trouble with maya .... it's don't render , just skip rendring , by the way i am use maya 2009

thanks

Hany Allam

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2009, 02:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.