PDA

View Full Version : Check out my short 2 minute animation!

Velocamonkey
05-18-2002, 09:06 PM
www.btinternet.com/~hull.family/ModernismSmall.avi

This is an aniamted short I did for Uni, about 9MB, it's the first animation I've done in Max so I can use your pointers to get better.

here's a pic from it:

http://www.btinternet.com/~hull.family/Modernism.jpg:D

This has been edited, the links were wrong so any of the following messages about it not working were to do with pre editedness.;)

kevin107
06-09-2002, 05:03 PM
it says file does not exist..:hmm:

Velocamonkey
06-09-2002, 05:49 PM
Man, that was ages ago, I think it's still here:

www.btinternet.com/~hull.family/ModernismSmall.avi

roguenroll
06-14-2002, 07:55 AM
thats was real good, sorry no Max pointers, im a lightwaver.

but in so many stories, specially short ones, there a little vacant and no real story.

Yours great, simple straight to point, and at the end your not wonder what the H++ll happened.
nice use of sound, and a little humor, more than the animation, the story comes through.

good work

Rogue

jnglemeat
06-25-2002, 03:00 AM
i like the idea/story, and the "2d"look on backgrounds is a cool idea. the animation is styleized, if youre going for that than thats okay, i would work on refining some of the motions on the characters, in some parts they are a bit jumpy/jittery, like where the "old classic" guy is dancing his movement is very limited i would make it more fluid, more follow thru' on the fingers and hands. i like the anticipation movements and the snapiness' of the "moden"robot/guy. i think you have a nice and original piece, like i said i would refine some of the movements. great work

Velocamonkey
06-25-2002, 09:31 AM
Hi, yeah I agree completely the movements are a bit jerky, this was my first ever animation in Max so it was a little ambitious.

I didn't understand the interpolations and stuff so all the keys are on linear interpolation, thus the jerkiness.

Now I'm trying to slowly get to grips with all the other forms of interpollation and adjusting tangents in trackview and all that stuff so my next animation should be a lot nicer.

Thanks for the input.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.