PDA

View Full Version : Blending between hdr images in MR or renderman?

c013310
12-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Hey guys,

I've got this project at the moment which involves me integrating a cg object into a live action plate i'm shooting. One idea i've got is to have the object on a table in my front room. It'll be night with the curtains drawn. The lights in this room can be dimmed so i was thinking to have the lights on fully first then slowly be dimmed. I could have a door open letting in light from the hallway outside so when the lights are dimmed fully, there is some light still on the object.

The reason i've got lights dimming and such is because we're getting credit on interesting and dynamic lighting conditions and i think this is quite interesting.
However, in thinking how i'd pull it off, i'm not sure how i'd go about setting up a scene in maya.

Would i be able to get a hdr image of the environment with the lights fully on, then just dial down the intensity of the environment and simulated lights i've set up to simulate the dimming of the lights. Or would it be better or even possible to blend between a hdr image of the fully lit environment to the dimmly lit one using either mental ray or renderman.
Has anyone got any experience or ideas on the blending idea between hdr images?

Cheers, chris

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2009, 01:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.