PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Wave In Maya

ggcross
12-05-2009, 04:49 PM
how can break the surface like ocean wave in maya?
as we know houdini and XSI can do this easliy

Undseth
12-05-2009, 10:40 PM
I think some people use a curve-on-surface, off two nurbs surfaces intersecting (with history on). And somehow make particles spray out from the moving curve-on-surface, coded to spray with rising elevation or something.

The two nurbs surfaces would be, one for the ocean somehow moving abit up and down, and the other being the ship bow.

I have no clue how this all can be set up.

Aikiman
12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
how can break the surface like ocean wave in maya?

Maya does it hard so you may as well use Houdini or XSI.

Remi
12-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Maya does it hard so you may as well use Houdini or XSI.

Good luck with that:)

YourDaftPunk
12-07-2009, 04:31 AM

Stop trolling. No program does breaking ocean waves easily. It still takes multiple rigged and dynamic elements layered together in compositing to create convincing breaks.

hkspowers
12-07-2009, 04:47 AM
Stop trolling. No program does breaking ocean waves easily. It still takes multiple rigged and dynamic elements layered together in compositing to create convincing breaks.

Funny I was about to ask him how exactly this is done in other programs easily? I sure as hell would love to see something "easily" setup in ANY package haha.

igorfx
12-07-2009, 08:52 AM
This was one ide from SurfUp

Simple Rig for waves

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=5898035&postcount=4

igorfx
12-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Some simple fast render, with my rig

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2009, 09:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.