PDA

View Full Version : Z Brush - selection of Z spheres Question

bc3d
12-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Hi,

I'm new to Z brush ( I have z brush 3) and was trying to create a base with zspheres. I saved my file and when I went to go back to work on it. It would not allow me to reselect my zsphere chain. To edit or add to it. It was forcing me to create a new z spheres. Is there away that I can select that old zsphere chain and edit it? The edit mode seems to be unselectable.

Thanks,

Dare-o
12-05-2009, 02:53 PM
did you save the file as a .ztl? and are you in edit mode?

bc3d
12-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi,

I saved the file as .zbr . The draw mode is the only option selectable and when I mouse over the chain none of the spheres are selectable. Is there a way to work with this? how do I save it as a .ztl?

Thanks

Dare-o
12-06-2009, 12:11 AM
If you go 'save as' under the tool palette it saves as a .ztl. you might have to recreate your zsphere chain if it saved as a brush file (.zbr).

when you save as a .zbr file, it saves a 2.5D file i believe, so you cant really work with it. .ztl saves out a workable 3d file, same as any other 3d package.

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2009, 12:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.