PDA

View Full Version : how to put notes on renders/ playblast?

Leionaaad
12-04-2009, 08:32 PM
I've seen on several occasions animations rendered out or simple playblasts with custom notes on the bottom. usually company logo and most important, the current frame, eventually the designation/status of the shot, among other information.

is there a plugin/script doing that? I searched on creativecrash.com (formely known as highend3d), I couldn't find anything. Basically, I don't even know what the thing is called.

YourDaftPunk
12-04-2009, 09:57 PM
If you want a little logo in the corner of every playblast or render, use an image plane with the depth set to 1.0 (so it's right on the camera) and make sure the image you choose has an alpha so that only the logo portion overlays your renders/playblasts.
-shawn

Leionaaad
12-04-2009, 11:09 PM
no, I actually aimed at notes in general, with emphasis on scene setting, shot number and frame number. thanks for the tip, but unfortunately I am looking for something easy to manage across different shots.

As one idea what's comming to my mind, is to make a template and add it in compositing as a temporary layer, or something.
for the playblast I think I can do it with mel, to modify the hud to add the needed notes.

I was wondering whether there is already a script like that, or a more elegant solution for the rendered frames.

Emil3d
12-04-2009, 11:33 PM
How about Create > Locator and then Create > Annotation, and for the current frame, Display > Heads Up Display > Current Frame

DariuszLacheta
12-05-2009, 01:32 AM
http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/scripts-plugins/interface-display/c/spreticlen?os=windows

and this how playblast might look, o course you can add whatever you want :)
http://ifotos.pl/img/1_rqaaxq.jpg

Leionaaad
12-05-2009, 10:06 AM
thanks Dariusz, this is exactly what I was looking for! Do you know whether it works wit render or only with playblasts?

Skoczylas
12-05-2009, 12:50 PM
@ DariuszLacheta: Thank you for posting this!
But unfortunately I cant install it. Ive got Maya 2010 x64, can anybody recompile it for that?

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2009, 12:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.