PDA

View Full Version : Over 160 Tutorials created for Unreal Engine Dev Kit

SimonRobinson3d
12-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Saw this at slashdot.org, Very cool.

As a follow-up to Epic Games' release of a free version of unreal engine last month, the company has now posted over 160 tutorials which demonstrate the various uses of the Unreal Development Kit. Roughly 20 hours of footage were created by technical education company 3D Buzz, with topics ranging from user interface to game physics to cinematics.

Link (http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/VideoTutorials.html#Unreal%20Engine%203%20Video%20Tutorials)

Kanga
12-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Oh My Freaking Goodness!
An amazing engine, and knowing some of the buzz tutes very good instruction indeed,... for free? :eek:

It doesn't get any better, really it doesn't.
Thanks for the heads up,
bookmarked, for when I am rich, in time not money.

XeroWolf
12-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Yes they are Free and I am enjoying them very much.
Those guys at Epic and 3DBuzz rock. :buttrock:

evolucian
12-04-2009, 03:46 PM
whats that they say "if there's a will there's a way". good job by all involved. :beer:

JohNLA
12-04-2009, 04:17 PM
I got mine :drool:

DuttyFoot
12-04-2009, 06:13 PM
thanks for that link, the only problem i have is that the free UDK from epic still will not run on my vista 64 box.

danielmd
12-04-2009, 10:45 PM
thanks for that link, the only problem i have is that the free UDK from epic still will not run on my vista 64 box.

Due to any particular reason?

DuttyFoot
12-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Due to any particular reason?

the game works, but when i try to run the level editor it always crashes. i posted the problem over on there site and it seems like i wasn't the only one having trouble. i still didn't get a fix. i downloaded beta 2 and uninstalled the first one and it still crashed. when the splash screen comes up it says udk (32bit), so i dont know if the fact that running vista 64 could be the issue.
the error i get is,

error loading .xaml resource dictionary file
c:\udk\udk-2009-11-2\binaries\win32\..\..\engine editor resources\wpf\resources\contentbrowserstyles.xaml]; reason [the tag 'dropshadoweffect' does not exist in xml namespace
http://schemas.microsft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation. Line 71' Position 3]

danielmd
12-07-2009, 01:15 PM
hum that is strange. I run it on XP/ Vista/ Windows7 all 64bits without issue.

Have you tried updating your .net library, it looks like you are having problems with the content browser that is a .net application. But the pre-requirements should solve any issues. According to Epic, 64bit version of the SDK should be available in the future.

m|3
12-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Saw this at slashdot.org, Very cool.

As a follow-up to Epic Games' release of a free version of unreal engine last month, the company has now posted over 160 tutorials which demonstrate the various uses of the Unreal Development Kit. Roughly 20 hours of footage were created by technical education company 3D Buzz, with topics ranging from user interface to game physics to cinematics.

Link (http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/VideoTutorials.html#Unreal%20Engine%203%20Video%20Tutorials)

Many thanks for posting this !

Decency
12-07-2009, 02:42 PM
So amazing. I must get started on this.

WyattHarris
12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

DuttyFoot
12-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Have you tried updating your .net library, it looks like you are having problems with the content browser that is a .net application. But the pre-requirements should solve any issues. According to Epic, 64bit version of the SDK should be available in the future.

I will give it a try and see what happens.

ThomasMahler
12-07-2009, 05:00 PM
I spent my whole weekend just re-learning Unreal Engine with the help of this stuff. The 3d Buzz stuff is really well explained, they spend way less time on bullshitting around now and get straight to the point, which is neato.

The UDK is really ****ing neat so far.

Apoclypse
12-07-2009, 09:43 PM
My only issue with UDK is that there is no Mac version. I'm using Unity at the moment and while I love it, the power of the UDK can't be denied and I would love to check it out to see if it would be a good fit for a personal project I'm working on. Its a no go without a Mac version as I want my project to be cross-platform and I want to actually develop on a Mac since I don't use Windows.

ThomasMahler
12-08-2009, 12:08 AM
My only issue with UDK is that there is no Mac version. I'm using Unity at the moment and while I love it, the power of the UDK can't be denied and I would love to check it out to see if it would be a good fit for a personal project I'm working on. Its a no go without a Mac version as I want my project to be cross-platform and I want to actually develop on a Mac since I don't use Windows.

It really sucks that a Ferrari isn't a Lamborghini at the same time.

Revalis
12-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Started going through the plethora of tutorials yesterday and they are really well done. The guy who is doing them is very easy to listen to and won't bore the hell out of you. =P

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2009, 01:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.