PDA

View Full Version : Reasoning behind the new forum

lildragon
08-21-2003, 02:37 AM
Hi everyone, just wanted to let everyone know why this new subforum has been created.

I've received many complaints in the past about the speed of which your threads roll off the first page in this forum, and as of recently the cluttered space in which everything seems to be jumbled into one.

SO in efforts I'm trying to thin out the gallery a bit so your art can stay on the first page longer, all in the while keeping everything neat and tidy in one place. So as it were the main Gallery forums will ONLY be for 3D art and this forum as stated will be for 2D an Maquette finished pieces. So yes this means you no longer need the "2D:" suffix but Maquette users will still need to add that.

Please do not complain about the fact that we're separating the mediums, because in the end believe you me, this forum will also be heavily visited. Just take a look at the current frontpage, 3 out of 4 plugs are 2D.

As a final note, please treat this forum with the same respect as you do with the main one, please follow the rules.

salud!

pascal_blanche
08-21-2003, 03:42 AM
cool idea LIL.. btw what about a new front page setup with three lines for the thumbnails instead of one? you could split them into "news" , 3D and 2D/maquette ?

Virum
08-21-2003, 06:27 AM
Man, that was scary. I thought my thread had been deleted! :eek: Glad to know I didn't violate a rule.

Royal
08-22-2003, 12:46 AM
Why not make it so that threads dont bump, it would have been so much easier to browse new posts that way.

lildragon
08-22-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Royal
Why not make it so that threads dont bump, it would have been so much easier to browse new posts that way.

huh :curious:

Virum
08-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Royal

I don't know about you but I hate non-bumping forusm. And I'm not biased, noways, nohow. My posts are always shammed to the bottom with like one reply on it....

Ac0rN
08-23-2003, 11:24 PM
meh... I think this is a great idea , better than have 3ds and 2ds finals posted thogether... like the "finished work" and "WIP" forums are separated

btw , what does Maquettes mean? :hmm:

Groady
08-26-2003, 03:21 AM
The new sub section is a great idea. However is there any chance it could be moved to the main forum index instead of being a sub forum to the 3D work? Maybe have a Gallery/Finished Work 3D and Gallery/Finished Work 2D. The 2D section feels to hidden away at the moment and I feel it deserves just as much attention as the 3D.

Matthew-S
08-31-2003, 12:35 PM
I have the same question as Acorn, I have never heard of the word Maquette, is that like a 2d software with Vector graphics?
btw I like the idea of splitting the 2d and 3d forums, great work. :)

Later
Matthew

lildragon
08-31-2003, 01:05 PM
Maquettes are pyshical representations of characters usually sculpted with clay or other materials. For instance this is a maquette

http://www.cgnetworks.com/stories/2003_8/floyd_bishop/catfish.jpg

-lild

Matthew-S
09-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Now that is a cool fish, thank you for the info lildragon. :)

Matthew

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.