PDA

View Full Version : Messiah Studio

Polou
08-20-2003, 11:15 PM
Hi
Well, it's probably a stupid question but I need to know.

Can I use for example, Wing 3D as a modeler and then Messiah Studio to do the rest .. boning, animating and rendering..?

Messiah is always associated with the BIG GUNS .. why ? Any reason..??

Can I just buy Messiah Studio and use any modeler ?
Thanks

Qslugs
08-20-2003, 11:56 PM
You can more than likely use Wings with messiah. However I am not sure how you would handle texture selections. You cannot rename surface polygons in messiah or create them. Also, you would have to make all you're poly's 3 or 4 sided.

JoeCosman
08-21-2003, 12:27 AM
Yup, you sure can use wings.

just make sure that you have UVs and Materials set within Wings before exporting to OBJ.

if you plan on having subdivision surfaces, then keep the polys to 3 and 4 sides. otherwise its just like any other polygonal surface.

Polou
08-21-2003, 07:37 AM
Thanks

Okay to be honest, I don't use Wings 3D. It' was just as an idea to get a powerful animation package under $1000... silly I know.

My guess is .. most artists here use Lightwave and Animate as a plugin ..!

Cheers

Geco
08-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Polou
Thanks

Okay to be honest, I don't use Wings 3D. It' was just as an idea to get a powerful animation package under $1000... silly I know.

My guess is .. most artists here use Lightwave and Animate as a plugin ..!

Cheers
i use LightWave as a plugin. :)

Polou
08-21-2003, 11:31 PM
An another newbie question :

With Animate and Messiah Studio is it mainly/only for characters animation..? (and then I will understand why it's better to use Messiah in conjonction with Lightwave, Cinema .... etc....)

Have a nice day.

Geco
08-21-2003, 11:38 PM
mainly but not only. ;)

Andy741
08-22-2003, 02:24 AM
Have you thought about Cinema 4d? It's $595 without any modules. Just to be clear, you can get Messiah:Animate by itself and use with other packages to either model your characters or render your completed animations.

Wings 3d is a world class modelor used by people in the industry all over.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.