PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator, Pascal Blanché (3D), (3D)

pascal_blanche
08-21-2003, 12:14 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g59/59/59_1378174113_medium.jpg

Title: Gladiator, Pascal Blanché (3D)
Name:
Software:

Grubwyrm
08-21-2003, 12:19 AM
Very nice! I like the yellow-rusty tone to the whole thing. Really sets the mood. My only "gripes" if you will are:

1. The black around his mouth... it looks like a bomb went off there or something, some kinda firecracker residue. Is this intentional?

2. A shot from another angle! It's very hard to make out his lower half and see exactly what he's doing, if he's falling or trying to lift those barbels?

Overall great piece, and the mood is great.

-Grubwyrm:buttrock:

bigbad
08-21-2003, 12:23 AM
Looks super great as always. :thumbsup:

crits:
I don´t like how it gets cut on the sides.
A diffrent pose. Maybe :shrug: .

Change the thread name to character: Gladiator.
It´s the rules.
Anyways.

Nice.

fabe
08-21-2003, 12:26 AM
Wow:applause:
You are a wonderful modeler. That work kicks ass! Nothing more to tell!:shrug:

pascal_blanche
08-21-2003, 01:17 AM
heheh OOoooOOps thx for the tip Bigbad.. forgot to name the thread corectly ;)
Grubwyrm , yes the paint around the mouth is intentionnal, to give it a tribal look... but i'll maybe work alittle more on this detail if too many guys mention it
As for the pose, I wanted this "unbalanced feeling" from that, you can imagine whatever you want..

aenema
08-21-2003, 02:35 AM
I really like this guy, great work Pascal, again :)
But I agree about the cropping, I don't think this image does nearly enough justice to this character, I hope to see more :thumbsup:

Aevium Viemme
08-21-2003, 02:42 AM
Are you always this good?! :drool:

That's some nice work, but I wouldn't mind a 16:9 aspect :).
Keep it up!

urgaffel
08-21-2003, 02:48 AM
It's a great model with great lighting and from what I can see great textures, but the composition is not up to your usual standars :(

I'm sorry, but it's not really all it can be in my opinion...

Probably due to the cropping and the really confusing posture (which is intentional, but still)

pascal_blanche
08-21-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by urgaffel
the composition is not up to your usual standards :(
Probably due to the cropping and the really confusing posture (which is intentional, but still)

evolution, mate, evolution ;) doesnt hurt to try something
different sometimes ehehe

Blackhorse
08-21-2003, 03:08 AM
yeah!so strong visual conflict!
nice~
post a bigger one here!:applause:

danylyon
08-21-2003, 03:09 AM
I saw you started a thread.. and went like :eek:

Then I saw the image and went like :hmm:

Nah.. just kidding ;) .. I love it!

As for the mouth area.. I see where the problem comes from. The make up doesn't set it apart enough. It looks like it's just another shadow / rusty area. Maybe if you made it and a slightly different colour or maybe with a sharper border?

I really like the composition though.. I don't really understand where his feets are and if his lieing on the ground or standing in front of a wall.. but I think that makes the image just more interesting.

???
08-21-2003, 03:28 AM
Très bien.

HapZungLam
08-21-2003, 03:49 AM
overall is a great great piece. just some little thing about the combosition.

From the angle we see here, the from arm, body, back arm are very flat. can't really tell which is which unless you follow his chest. I think part of the problemt is that they have the same brightness. aspecially the back arm . i would make it darker on the inner side to form a contrast between it.

but other than that... like, the model, the texture, idea, feeling are greatly done:thumbsup:

pascal_blanche
08-21-2003, 03:51 AM
Good point Hap, I'll work on that :arteest:

pencil-head
08-21-2003, 03:54 AM
i knew before i even opened the thread from the front page that it was yours. you have a very unique style.
as usual top notch stuff. like mensioned before, the composition is a bit lacking

Grubwyrm
08-21-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by pascal blanché
heheh OOoooOOps thx for the tip Bigbad.. forgot to name the thread corectly ;)
Grubwyrm , yes the paint around the mouth is intentionnal, to give it a tribal look... but i'll maybe work alittle more on this detail if too many guys mention it
As for the pose, I wanted this "unbalanced feeling" from that, you can imagine whatever you want..

Hmmm... Yes, I see your point, but you may (IMHO) want to define the edges of the tatoo more then and perhaps add a few more? It's a great idea, but it still look "burnt" or charred". Tattoos for the most part have very defining line, especially tribal tatoos. To get the point across, maybe you could add more tattoos to the arms or legs (which aren't that visible so maybe not). Maybe one more on his forehead?

Still great though

-grubwyrm

ZVAN
08-21-2003, 03:59 AM
not very clear what is that, but nice lighting and rendering!!!:applause:

Joss
08-21-2003, 04:16 AM
Yesss! originality... ain't it great?

that dark stuff across his face looks like those coal miners when they get off work. heh heh.

this is refreshing to see! my eyes thank you!

dubge
08-21-2003, 04:36 AM
Great work! I would have to agree on the crop. it was a bit difficult to see his right arm as well but still some sweet work man.

peterpro
08-21-2003, 04:44 AM
nice work!!
what programs are you using?

pete

how easy is this guy to animate/pose?

Virtuoso
08-21-2003, 04:47 AM
Fantastic ambiance.Love the look,feel,style.:thumbsup:

To me it's like a beautiful riddle or puzzle..................I am trying to understand the creation.......................but perhaps it's best to leave it a mystery?;)

I would love to see another angle if possible,but perhaps then the mystic feel would be lost. Is he a racer in a future World. Is he a..................well whatever he is either way I think it's a wonderful piece of work.A beautiful looking piece of art,and that's the bottomline. :beer:

timsvw
08-21-2003, 04:50 AM
I am going to have to say that I like the crop. It makes you think. You have to look at the character to get the whole feel. .

Tim
http://www.dinoadventures.com

amos_chid
08-21-2003, 05:31 AM
Awesome works as always :buttrock: :thumbsup:

Hurry... put a big watermark on the image before someone else steal it
... just kiddin :applause:

matty2x4
08-21-2003, 05:54 AM
Hey nice work!
I am gonna have to agree with some of the others though, the pose dosen't really show off the awsome modeling and is a bit confusing (sorry). I also think the face paint might work better if it didnt fade away so smoothly (like he has been eating fireworks) but had a more sharp edge and a bit of depth like paint? Oh and one last thing maybe his eyes could be another colour? maybee shiny dark grey or somthing, they look like he forgot to close them when he was being painted yellow. Hope thats not to harsh.
I still like him!
Very ABC Warriors!
Matty2x4

dave_baer
08-21-2003, 05:59 AM
Damn Pascal.. Can you suck just a little bit to let the rest of us catch up? :D

Awesome work as usual. Truely a CG master is in out midst.

:beer:

bentllama
08-21-2003, 06:02 AM
didn't Dale Williams do that too?

[joking]

all kidding aside, another great work pascal.

the only crits I have, in my opinion, are :

- the pose seems like it is halfway there...with his arms tight against his body you really, from this angle, are not getting the sense of power that I feel you can exploit from this character

- some assymetry in the face would be an added bonus

cool stuff! :beer:

-JT-
08-21-2003, 06:22 AM
The pascal touch ! Great as usual.
It's true the camera angle is funny for our unvisionnary eyes but hej it's your work and i love it as it is. :applause:

kfc
08-21-2003, 06:34 AM
hey, haven't seen u around for quite a long time.
well, I love the composition actually. It's a visionary try on this piece. U seem to based his line of action on an inverted "P". if we take away to weapon, it'll look like a letter "S". But you slightly blurred the dreadlocks/hair, so it seems like "Y" too tho. somehow, it seems a little unbalance. might be because that we can't really see how he pose it's left leg. Maybe pulling his left leg to the back might can help balance up it's line of action.
no matter how you design this pose, it still look fabulous. But ther only thing which bothers me is the dark tone above his mouth. maybe u should get some references on this one.
did u do that just to blurred our eye to let us decide where's the focus is?
but anyway, this is a really good piece.
:thumbsup:

MadS
08-21-2003, 06:38 AM
I always love the lighting of your models. Do you do post work in photoshop? Like Overlay to get that rich, translucent look? Very cool.

I have to agree with most of what has been said already. The composition is confusing to the eye. I did not understand what he was doing without staring at it for a while. But maybe that's your intent. To force us to study the details much deeper.

It does seem a tad cramped. And I am not understanding the motion blur on the tentacles. If this blur is from a sudden 'jerk' to lift the barbell, then wouldn't his head and other parts have some motion blur too?

Anyway, It's still cool to look at. :thumbsup:

hanzo
08-21-2003, 06:56 AM
hehe kinda looks like Grubwyrm samuri shodown avatar, heh well man it's always a plessure to see your styles -- skills at work, keep it up.. :thumbsup:

rayz
08-21-2003, 06:58 AM
falling, evading an attack..... i cant tell, the pose makes me think i like it :scream: -------- but like many already said cant see much of the character (too bad he looks soo cool too). I like the details and color so beautiful :beer:

Karlstok
08-21-2003, 07:11 AM
Is nice,but more angles,common you know you want to. Is it a no legs character,the wheel things act as his legs?Ok I won't hold my breath for answer,heheh.:beer:

noah
08-21-2003, 07:19 AM
cool :eek: :eek:

MassiveOverHual
08-21-2003, 08:05 AM
i Thought that was goro at first glance:thumbsup:

bouledpue
08-21-2003, 08:12 AM
comme d'hab, c'est superbe.:cry:

:applause:

Adam
08-21-2003, 08:12 AM
Wo that is a great charcter (as usual) I personally like the mouth area even if it does look a little burnt. As for the pose I think it is great but I just think we need to be able to see some of his legs because right now his body action line flows directly into the barrel weight thingies making it hard to look at the piece without feeling like it is incomplete If you don't want to chage the pose you might be able get away with just boosting the light on the weight thinies so they are seperated and esily identifiable as what they are. I love the overall composition especially the head and action of the hair. Also the cropping isn't that bad it might be good to make it longer so you can possibly get a little bit of the legs in their, that is if they are bellow the weights.

Anyway I have always been a fan of you modeling and attention to compostion as well as color and of course intriguing charcter design.

I would love a bigger res and a wire could be intersting to see.

rasmusW
08-21-2003, 08:43 AM
hey pascal!!!

love your work:thumbsup:
great colours and all...
but:
well, do i have to say more than just... -the mouth area:)

cgartists
08-21-2003, 09:10 AM
Hi! I've wondered do you do any scretches before working in 3d? On what software do you work. You've always been kind of guru to me. Your style is great. I wish to be on your level.
Bye!:thumbsup:

Blackarts
08-21-2003, 09:14 AM
I personally really like the color around the mouth, it's an unexpected little touch that adds some personality to the character. Very cool.

The top left quarter of the picture is brilliant, but the other parts of the image tend to be a bit ambigous I think...as was metioned above, a little more color variation would help the pose stand out.

Still, it's hard to find fault with artwork like this that just ooooooozes style.

cheers

D

Joebount
08-21-2003, 09:20 AM
Nice pic, really. The composition doesn't bother me but I think that the lightning is not as good as on your other pieces of art. all the luminosity is stuck in the upper part (after desaturate and contrast tweaking in Photoshop, it's really visible). Maybe it's just a question of reflection, I don't know :shrug:

Well, it's just a detail, it's impressive and really nice looking, definitly an illustation, not a 3D pic ! :buttrock:

chrom
08-21-2003, 09:30 AM
this rock

great work pascal

greets
chrom

facial
08-21-2003, 09:36 AM
It is so glad to see your new work here.
Yes, This is your style, so wondelful work.

:thumbsup:

shujumy
08-21-2003, 09:38 AM
well well well i wanna draw like this :)

great work...

Baldasseroni
08-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Brilliant work as usual, what can be done in some circumstances except "I like what i see" ?

The unbalanced pose adds dynamicity and tension to the whole scene (as the subject requests), while the cropping and the light blur in some areas makes it more undefined, mystic , so interesting.

The gladiator concept works well, it`s massive and evil without being raw, although the most fascinating and original part is his weapon (?), improbable, huge, uncomfortable and useless , but still a terribly visual interesting object ;)

The color scheme works well too, although i consider it just a bit monochromatic,especially on the gladiator body. Maybe some (a few) localized red or white spots ,decals, rust signs or whatever on it would fit well to break the domain of ocra-yellow , just to add more interest and variation.
Maybe it would be also interesting trying to change the skin color of the face toward more pale tones.

Except the above bullshits i wrote :cool: the picture is artistic, illustrative and well...this is the kind of cg stuff i like more.

Take care

Ale

Evenflow
08-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Simply amazing.
I actually like the dark areas around the mouth just the way it is. It did, however, take some effort to make out his pose.

Great stuff, hope to see more soon. :thumbsup:

McSpirit
08-21-2003, 09:55 AM
Great as allways.. Dude im such a fan of your work and has been since i started doing 3D :wavey:

Banshee
08-21-2003, 10:01 AM
VERY nice work pascal!

I love the way you have to think about the whole image. It´s not really clear what he´s doing, but that´s just fine!

Very well done!! :beer:

MFTituS
08-21-2003, 10:05 AM
as always a beautiful piece of art....

maybe a bit to monotonous by colorschema.
a second color on his shoulderplate for example would be interesting.

gL_spear
08-21-2003, 10:05 AM
Great work Mr blanché, its propbably been said already but i expect we will see a link to a 'poster' soon
;)

Facial Deluxe
08-21-2003, 10:17 AM
OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA OA

siquier
08-21-2003, 10:34 AM
I like the composition, it seems an abstract painting, It reminds me to Manuel Millares (a great Spanish artist).
The image Has movement and force, Congrats!!

Robbert
08-21-2003, 10:42 AM
Impressive Pascal, the image rocks!
I like the lightning blur and the side angle, because it's your style.

The only thing that bothers me is that the head doens't have much personality,, can you make a better emotion expression?

And how did you rendered the image? because I read that you had problems with Finalrender St-1,,, so what is it?

mehdianim
08-21-2003, 11:06 AM
Your stuff is just...AKH!!! Your models have so much personality and it comes through in just one image! No comment except that at first we're not sure what we are looking at...but he's awesome!
:buttrock:

The-Buzz
08-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Always very impressive work :thumbsup:

But I remember of all your work, the principal color is yellow, why?
It's Pascal blanché touch? or you like very much this color?

ou alors ton écrans blanchie le jaune et tu vois que dalle.. :p

M-Khalil
08-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Very nice

viag
08-21-2003, 11:59 AM
super boulot pascal , comme toujours design de folie ambiance etc ! :thumbsup:

viag le pote a nuro :D

erikals
08-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Beautiful :)

As always, impressing. There are some things that maybe could be changed though. Just friendly "critique"

-The eyes could maybe have a color/ be brighter
-The ring-thing on the shoulder could be more integrated into the shoulder-protection.
-Maybe the tentacles are a litle too stiff?

Nice.:love:
I like the head, don't change the head ;)

Btw, have you ever made a CG book? Or partitipated in a French CG book? I seem to remember that.

buzzlightyr
08-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Wicked :applause:

eoin
08-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Nice work, any other images of character?! :)

-SOPHOCLE-
08-21-2003, 12:49 PM
This is fantastic... amazing lightning and composition ! You're THE one ! :applause: :thumbsup:

azazel
08-21-2003, 01:36 PM
I like yellow color palette, I always like if there's one dominant color. But some slight color variation on textures would add a bit IMO. And maybe make skin tone bit different than the armour tone. Also, more detailed eyes (irises, pupils) would make him more alive, now he resembles 'action figure' a bit.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

baby
08-21-2003, 01:55 PM
the rendering...

reminds me of a certain caribou from Ubi Montreal...

But I must admit I don't understand the pose and the guy...took me 1 minut to understand that we could see his arms...(? ok ok 20 sec)

No Pascal don't bite me !!!!! :blush:

mehdianim
08-21-2003, 02:08 PM
I was looking at it again...Just the grace of the pose is almost a bit feminine and yet it suits the character. Very candid shot you created.
Very cool...I don't even mind the lighting anymore, this piece just wins you over the more you look at it

PascalR
08-21-2003, 02:33 PM
Wow!! As always , fantastic work Pascal:beer:
I am one of your fans!!
See you soon!

Pascal R.

frameless
08-21-2003, 02:57 PM
very impressive and inspiring work as always :applause:

pascal_blanche
08-21-2003, 03:02 PM
wow 5 pages and 5 stars already thx guys!:wavey:
thx for all the really constructive comments, i'll work more on it to make it a bit more understanding, and i'll post it soon...

things i'll add:
expression (thx Robbert)
definitivly a little touch of color, like dark purple somewhere on the torso and other areas..
(thx MFTituS,Eklettica, azazel and Blackarts always cool to have comments from you buddy )
make the legs a little more visible ( yes he as legs Karlstok heheh )
Joebount, I flushed your resume :p kidding ;)
yes ,sometimes it's hard to not burn the bright areas, agree with you ...
thx again for all the kind comments, really gives me the will to go on :)

Chong
08-21-2003, 03:16 PM
wow Pascal u just keep doin really nice work :thumbsup: ! it's awesome.

Chong
08-21-2003, 03:16 PM
EDIT: err..

Grugi
08-21-2003, 03:18 PM
nice modelling.. but thats to much yellow :surprised

cermit
08-21-2003, 03:21 PM
very nice

Silmarillion
08-21-2003, 03:38 PM
Now i know what to put in my background :)
Great work as allways :beer:

Raphael-Lacoste
08-21-2003, 03:43 PM
what the f***! when do you find the time to do this? :eek:
again: nice homogeneous feeling, nice composition, nice pose,
bon en gros tu fais chier asti de tabawet!
:surprised
mais c'est cool, j'aime aussi la simplicité des couleurs, un bon parti pris !
ça me donne envie de m'y remettre tiens, quand j'aurais le temps :(

bizzzzz'

Arf

Gotham
08-21-2003, 03:47 PM
SNIF SNIF..... Yes this is Pascal stile... Great :thumbsup:

Remi
08-21-2003, 04:03 PM
I can't really say anything that hasn't been said already. Just wanted to drop a line and say good job.:)

Incrediblah
08-21-2003, 04:09 PM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

hom
08-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Real nice work.....great. :applause:

- John

WanielJorge
08-21-2003, 04:59 PM
:drool: :beer: Your work is wonderful! the textures are well done. particularly I didn't understand the modelling. :rolleyes:

Prs-Phil
08-21-2003, 06:16 PM
BANG, what just hit my eyes there

beastly stuff. Nice idea and colors allthough I really cant focus on a certain area due to the color(s).

Smashing weapon you came up with to there and the idea with the hair :thumbsup:

Great

ambient-whisper
08-21-2003, 06:35 PM
nice image:)
its cool how with every image you do, you always manage to get that PB feel into it.

elevationson
08-21-2003, 07:28 PM
I'm digging it

loocas
08-21-2003, 07:28 PM
This is simply gorgeous! I love cg characters which come with ULTRA POWER! Big muscles and almost screaming poses! I just love this kind of stuff!!! :buttrock: :buttrock:

neble
08-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Nice look. I especially like the mono look. Are you using a plugin to create the dirty look, or are you actually creating it in the texture?

BoydLake
08-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Not doubt a top of the line model. I think the pose could read a bit better. The shape of his weapon hides much of the lower figure, and the right arm loses itself in the torso. I think some adjustments of lighting could help that and maybe some more light/dark play in the textures on overlapping pieces could help too. This image also has a much more washed-out appearence than I see in your other work. I agree the dark paint on his face tends to isolate the jaw, making that almost look like a seperate piece. Certainly a nice job though. Again, wonderful modeling especially in the natural organic parts.

richd
08-21-2003, 08:06 PM
when i look at your image i see a strong piece of art, the composition looks simple yet complex at the same time, if you get what im saying. nice

phoenix
08-21-2003, 08:40 PM
cool model ...........lovely as always:cool:

Kel Solaar
08-21-2003, 08:45 PM
Very good model and nice picture, agree with other for the composition.

markbones
08-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Do have any preliminary scketches or concepts you drew before starting the 3D work? If so, can you post some of those? Thx.

pascal_blanche
08-21-2003, 09:06 PM
yeah sure here it is.. just rough lines to get the idea...
I changed a bit the pose because
it was not looking the way I wanted in 3D..

http://ozonestudio.free.fr/pascal/scan.jpg

Xaint
08-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Can we get some more techninal stuff, like wires and info on materials, lights and rendering?

I like your stuff - The characteristics! MMM....:beer:

swag
08-21-2003, 09:26 PM
pb style i love the colors - how you get this look is it a plain rendering or did u much cc and retouching in ps can we see a wire :rolleyes:

Raphael-Lacoste
08-21-2003, 10:02 PM
hehe!
this is the caterpillar BOss :)

pascal_blanche
08-21-2003, 10:06 PM
wires... what a mess... :D

http://ozonestudio.free.fr/pascal/wire1.jpg

http://ozonestudio.free.fr/pascal/wire2.jpg

ilasolomon
08-21-2003, 11:40 PM
:love: as always ... :drool:

fausto
08-22-2003, 01:11 AM
Well Paschal, as always, this image is absolutelly awsome!!!

The atmoshpere, the lightning, the pose, the model... I can see that every aspect of your work are pretty carefuly detailed...

Congratulations...

Fausto.

--------------------------------------------------------------

wazza m
08-22-2003, 02:44 AM
Nice one mate!

Modelling and lighting and design and...all excellent.

Have you got any other poses??

Choiceness, and well done:) :thumbsup:

bleep
08-22-2003, 03:35 AM
well i like the character design but that's it. don't take it wrong i like the pic but that's about it I "just like it".

i'd like to be surprise for the next pic, use COLORS, and textures diversity that you kinda lost since a lill while, do something different test new things perhaps...

also i'd love to see more work on your lighting, somehow it feels like you just push GI renderer button =( (and work a bit on it in PS i know ;)

And perhaps more backround elements, rather than just a plane and a PS shadow, to give modre depth, even just suggested elements hidden in the dark or more painted.

sorry if i am picky but comming from a such talented artist, i would expect to be amazed, not only by modeling.

wurp
08-22-2003, 03:43 AM
This is purely awesome! You are one of the few artists I admire becauase you managed to get your own style in 3D. Very few people do this, so its great to see your work pascal!

jlelievre
08-22-2003, 04:22 AM
beeeeeee-utiful! (as always) I agree with Wurp; you defintely have a style all your own. It's always great to see your new works. :)

pascal_blanche
08-22-2003, 04:23 AM
Actually Bleep, I liked your critics ;) And the fun thing is that I plan to work more on background composition in my next illustration(s?) than on the character itself... stay tuned ;)

Grugi
08-22-2003, 04:28 AM
I agree with Bleep.
I have some pics in my head how this modell will look like.. when it´s textured :love: :love:

ittou
08-22-2003, 04:36 AM
It is beautiful.
then It feels powerfulness!:applause:

rattlesnake
08-22-2003, 07:22 AM
your style is unreal, amazing work!:applause:
u rule man:thumbsup:

olijosman
08-22-2003, 08:00 AM
impressive!!
the design,the composition,the color...

:applause:

rquinn
08-22-2003, 08:11 PM
IMPORTANT QUESTION
do you model then rigg your model to pose them as you like
or model them the way you want em

honraegloria
08-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Hey Pascal, nice work, I like your work to much!!

How process did you use to model and render this?
Whats software?
How you light, GI, Light Tracer, Vray, Brazil, FR.... Whats?

Realy nice work! :thumbsup:

pascal_blanche
08-22-2003, 09:40 PM
R.Quinn: I model, then rigg to pose them...
honraegloria: 3dsmax for modelling texturing and all, Vray for the rendering, PS for touch up and polishing :arteest:

meatsack
08-22-2003, 10:51 PM
VERY INSPIRING!!!!
I love it!!!!
I'm glad there are others using max for highpoly stuff!!!
would it be possible to show a close up (wireframe)of the face?
And how in the world are you getting all of those holes and cutouts in your geometry? and still have such a clean mesh? when I have too many insets or countersinks, my mesh starts to get nasty.
Great stuff!

pascal_blanche
08-22-2003, 10:54 PM
use a relax modifier on soft selected vertexes ;) it helps!

meatsack
08-23-2003, 12:42 AM
I'll give that a try..thanks!!!

lildragon
08-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Sheesh you're back again? Doesn't Ubisoft need you somewhere :p heh very good work here as usual Pascal, tho I agree with Urg it's not quite up there with your others, but it's different enough in it's own way to stand on its own. Would've love to see more varying textures but it's good as is. Excellent model btw.

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Nice work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_aug03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

coCoKNIght
08-23-2003, 01:18 PM
You made it, gave me back my long time missing inspiration and motivation to do 3d, thanks! :beer:
Model, textures, pose: superb
Please do something with his eyes, like silverish shining or something... I think the eyes need some contrast to the rest of the face
Well anyway, excellent work as always!

LaDoSKuRo
08-23-2003, 03:08 PM
uh, what a ton of congratulation posts, so shortly...
I think it's not about technique, there are a lot of people that can model and texture scenes as you, but only you could inspire on it that dream-like style, and make every scene unique, congratulations. :)

copyninja
08-23-2003, 05:19 PM
good job! i wish i can do that, i guess it will just take a months of hard practice and work!

pascal_blanche
08-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by LaDoSKuRo
uh, what a ton of congratulation posts, so shortly...
I think it's not about technique, there are a lot of people that can model and texture scenes as you, but only you could inspire on it that dream-like style, and make every scene unique, congratulations. :)

thx! actually, i have always considered myself as a more artistic infographist than technical one... I don't have the patience to create top quality models, I reuse my stuff a lot, and always hide the parts I dont like...
When i work on my personnal creations, I think more about the whole pictures than details... that explains why I dont make that much tutorials I guess..
thx for the Award Lil ;)
I am always a bit surprised when I hhear people talking about the level of qualityin my old picts.. if you look carefully, you'll see that this one is a step further than the other ones.. I think it is more about getting familiar with a new pict.. after a while, they become "classic"and people forget about crappy details ;)

Wonderer
08-23-2003, 10:01 PM
You are simply unique, Pascal!

Franz Aber
08-23-2003, 11:36 PM
Le fait est qu'il m'est difficile de ne pas aimer tes images Pascal. La volonté artistique qui s'en dégage est évidente et j'avoue qu'en ce qui me concerne j'adore, peu importe les défauts que je peux y voir ça et là (ceci dit humblement étant donné mon niveau de débutant en 3d). Qui plus est il se dégage aussi de tes (trop peu nombreuses) réalisations un univers personnel assez attirant et unique (le mot revient beaucoup dans les posts et c'est mérité).

J'aurais une requête néanmoins, ou une doléance : comme j'apprends beaucoup en modélisation en étudiant tous les filaires que chacun veut bien laisser dans ce forum, je trouve dommage de ne pas pouvoir décortiquer les tiens plus à fond, surtout les versions avant meshsmooth (notamment qu'est-ce que je ne donnerais pas pour ton wolverine)...

après tout si je suis tombé dans le bain de la 3d c'est un peu ta faute mince ;)

enfin voilà il faudrait que je songe à faire une petite critique sur la composition de ta dernière image mais j'ai pas le courage là maintenant, surtout après avoir dit que j'adorais ton travail

enfin...

The-3D-Data-Labs-Guy
08-24-2003, 12:23 AM
:thumbsup: :love: no words.

NelsonInomvan
08-24-2003, 01:21 AM
nice :) the colors are great

tomaya
08-24-2003, 01:30 AM
nice job pascal!joli travail,tourmenté et dramatique
comme il se doit,belles couleurs et modeling parfait.
Great:scream: Rien à redire!
Tom

SirManfred
08-24-2003, 02:23 AM
Awsome as usual, pascal :)
Love yer style :buttrock:

Lekku
08-24-2003, 04:38 AM
I'd love to see a wireframe.......

Lekku
08-24-2003, 04:44 AM
I think wireframes should be standard in posting..... but maybe that's just me...

Strob
08-24-2003, 04:52 AM
Wow! You are working full time at Ubi and you are still doing personnal projects! That's cool. Keep it up. I hope you could do your short some day...

Pis comme on dit par chez nous: "Ça fesse dans l'dash!!!"

:buttrock:

See you in Montreal soon, maybe.

Soulstorm
08-25-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Lekku
I think wireframes should be standard in posting..... but maybe that's just me...

i think reading the entire topic should be standard in posting. he posted the wire a few pages before this one.

excellent piece

pascal_blanche
08-25-2003, 04:22 AM
LOL thx Soulstorm ;) I'll post the final version tomorrow

pascal_blanche
08-25-2003, 05:08 PM
here's the final illustration.. thx to all for the advises and constructive critics
got to start on another one now
:wip:

http://ozonestudio.free.fr/pascal/Gladiator.jpg

coCoKNIght
08-25-2003, 05:44 PM
problem not :D

excellent final pic! :thumbsup:

Lekku
08-26-2003, 12:32 AM
must have missed that soulstorm...... a simple, "It's on page 7" would suffice, but I guess you need the extra little nugget to feel adequate. Whatever gets you through the day, board kiddie.

gjpetch
08-26-2003, 02:14 AM
I can't believe this thread has gone down to 3 stars. What's the motivation? Why do some people need to skew the votes by giving great work one star?

ThirdEye
08-26-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by gjpetch
I can't believe this thread has gone down to 3 stars. What's the motivation? Why do some people need to skew the votes by giving great work one star?

The mom of idiots is always pregnant gjpetch :hmm:

ilasolomon
08-26-2003, 10:48 AM
Even 5 Stars are not enough for Pascal's artworks, he doesn't need any star from anybody, you know, he's already a Star in CG sky :D

Diamondfang
08-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey Pascal,

Since the image has a bad camera angle, i cant really comment on this piece. It would be better if you had rendered another angle for us to see because like this, it looks terrible. It looks more like an amature work instead of a professional one. The only thing you can make out is his head, the legs and bottom half of his body has gone with that terrible camera angle you chose.

Hope you are not angry, it is just a crit. Anyways, change the pose and show us a wire of this model.

Its a terrible waste to leave it like this...

Cheers

just finished this one ;)

Flash55
08-26-2003, 01:40 PM
damn this is sick :thumbsup:

Grugi
08-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Diamondfang
Hey Pascal,

Since the image has a bad camera angle, i cant really comment on this piece. It would be better if you had rendered another angle for us to see because like this, it looks terrible. It looks more like an amature work instead of a professional one. The only thing you can make out is his head, the legs and bottom half of his body has gone with that terrible camera angle you chose.

Hope you are not angry, it is just a crit. Anyways, change the pose and show us a wire of this model.

Its a terrible waste to leave it like this...

Cheers

This guy must be crazy :surprised .. hehe

btw.. look through this thread.. he´d already posted some wireframes.. and they´re really wicked :eek:

pascal_blanche
08-26-2003, 03:04 PM
eheh that's ok grugi, everybody is free to have an opinion :rolleyes:
I am not crazy about picts thats shows the characters too much, i rather like being a little more egnimatic, and let people imagine what's hidden... just a question of taste ;)

Oscarini
08-26-2003, 03:35 PM
Pascal as allways brings new beauty in 3D! ;)

P.s.I allways wanted weights with gravity control system - that there is posible 2 setup the needed weight! :beer:

Draco-84
08-26-2003, 03:50 PM
Well it's nothing new to say here but...GREAT JOB!
A very original character!
Nice work! :thumbsup:

William b. Hand
08-26-2003, 05:33 PM
Whoa

Thas niice

It doesn't look quite finished to me... to much uniformity of colour/texture or something, but - Holy Smokes - what a cool robot

goetterfunke
08-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Amazing work !! great model and textures !

The only little thing that i personally dont like, is the green touch of the picture. So i remixed it a bit in PS7 i hope you dont mind - its just that i love to play around with great stuff :)

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/eod/blanche.jpg

actarus6
08-27-2003, 03:54 PM
minghia che figata!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Questo Pascal B. è propdrio bdravo lo dobbiamo elliminare! ha!!!!"

congratulations great piece of art!!!!

bye
;)

Banshee
08-27-2003, 04:04 PM
@Goetterfunke: Uhh.... no, I see what you wanted to do but that´s just too bright and has nothing of the atmosphere of the original.. and it erases some of the details.

Well, it´s a different version and you can ALWAY make a picture better by working on it in photoshop, but I think that wasn´t pascal´s intention to make his eyes glow etc.

That´s just my opinion of course :)

pascal_blanche
08-27-2003, 05:09 PM
really interresting version goetterfunke.. really graphic, but maybe a little too much burned out ;)

BoydLake
08-27-2003, 05:39 PM
really interresting version goetterfunke.. really graphic, but maybe a little too much burned out ;)

More like a LOT burned out. It's so bad that it flattens everything. I much prefer your version.

goetterfunke
08-27-2003, 05:54 PM
i love burned out stuff :)
i didnt want to make it better, just a personal interpretation
i also do that with paintings of picasso just for fun - he would jump out of his own grave if he saw them hehe
anyways back to topic, please comment pasacls work not my little "experiment"

smoothoperator
08-27-2003, 10:45 PM
Great character. interesting pose, I like it.
Good work as always from Pascal.
How is Ubisoft?:) Any chance to post works your doing there?

ilasolomon
08-28-2003, 12:27 AM
to goetterfunke: green? you have to adjust your monitor or get a new one! there is no green tone in the original picture, it's yellow and some orange, if you don't believe check with photoshop color picker! :) I think there is nothing wrong with Pascal's version too. but you are free to play with that of course.

pandaA
08-28-2003, 08:42 AM
very good model and design to, but the lightning is not condign, it do not highlight the shape, so it look a little "flat"...

I like your Work, keep it up!

-YoD-
08-28-2003, 12:32 PM
Amazing Character as usual, you're my god Pascal :buttrock:

Steveyola
08-28-2003, 01:10 PM
Excellent,love the look and feel.Sorry if it's been asked before but is that one texture.Any other tricks done to get that look? V-ray instead of Brazil huh?is it because of the speed? Thanks for any answers,nice work.:thumbsup: :beer:

pascal_blanche
08-28-2003, 02:57 PM
Vray is maybe a bit less photorealistic than brazil but faster and more friendly user ;)

namek7
03-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Déchire le slip :) comme d'hab.

JasonLin
03-17-2004, 07:56 AM
great great work man~~~
i always love your art ~~~
and become my wallpapers to~~~:bounce:

shiela_G
12-18-2004, 07:05 AM
very nice style! perfectionnez le travail et le modèle.

RustyNail
02-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Techno Dreads? :thumbsup: Love it.

mbezatlliu
02-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice work:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.