PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Digital Domain's Randy Sharp

RobertoOrtiz
08-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Quote:
"' Do you find seeing your work on the big screen to be gratifying?'

Very much so. When we went to the screening of "Nemesis" on the Paramount lot it was very nice. I had seen so much of the movie in dailies and such that I had an idea of what it was going to be like, but when it was all wrapped up and presented to us it really was a great experience. I will never forget seeing my wife cry when my credit hit the screen. Not so much because my name was up on the screen but more of the fact that she knew that I, and everyone else in that room, really worked are asses off on that project and she was very proud of me. I think I actually enjoyed that more than seeing my name. Don't get me wrong, it was cool to see it, however I am just one of many people that poured a lot of blood, sweat and tears in to the effects work. So, knowing at that point, things were done was very gratifying for me.

I get what you're saying here. In my own long and varied career I've had a couple of moments where I've been just damned proud to be associated with the folks I worked with on various projects. Most of which will never be seen or heard of. Then again, that might be since most of them are at the bottom of various oceans. *laughs*

**Laugh** I can relate to that. There were a few designs from when I worked in engineering that I thought were very cool. But they were usually barried inside of a machine that no one would see, yet alone appreciate."

>>Link<< (http://www.lwg3d.com/v3/interview3page1.htm)
-R

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.