PDA

View Full Version : merging two takes together?

mlager8
12-02-2009, 06:39 PM
I know there must be a way to do this, I suspect using the track and story editor, but I definitely need any assistance I can get. What Iím trying to do is merge two separate takes into one move. I have one character toasting and clinking glasses with another character but both were captured separately. Can I merge the two separate takes into one so both characters can be edited together? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Jenksy
12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
kia-ora ,

Your suspicions are correct! if you use story mode to create two character tracks and insert each performance to the appropriate track you will be then able to plot both characters onto the same take .

daniloxl
12-04-2009, 11:03 AM
another way is to save the takes as separate files...for example
take_01 has the first character
take_02 has the second character

save them as separate files,
open take_01
file>merge, select the scene with take_02
in Merge Options rename take_02 to take_01 in the "As Take..." field
RMB on Element and choose Append
Merge

now you'll get both takes merged into take_01

if your characters have rigs with the same names, be sure to add namespaces to all the nodes because MB will add a number to every node that has the same name as the one already existing in the scene.

But of course story is also a very good way
Hope this helps

Neill
12-14-2009, 12:53 AM
Here is a tool to merge two takes with an optical data - http://neill3d.com/merge-takes-with-optical-mocap-data?langswitch_lang=en

DrBucktooth
12-17-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm looking for a solution to a similar problem. I have only one character, her motion is in Take001 but her lipsync is in Take002, how do I combine the Takes without loosing the motion? I'd be grateful to hear any suggestions. - Dr.Bucktooth

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2009, 11:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.